Search results

1. Pdxwayne

Stereo Bass using subwoofers

Try this one and see if you can sense a difference between stereo vs mono. Pay attention to the double bass.
  2. Pdxwayne

Is it this one? The mono, is it the drum? The stereo, are those the bass guitars on left and right? I listen to the YouTube video with my Samsung Note 9 and KTB k371 and I can distinctly hear all three: left bass guitar, middle drum, right bass guitar. Am I missing other bass? Thanks!
  3. Pdxwayne

Life without tone controls etc.

May I know which preamp you used before? I have the opposite experience as you. I used to do streamer to DAC to amp, with DAC doing the volume control. It was really good. But, just recently I added a low cost Sabaj a10h as preamp and I prefer this route. I enjoy this chain more than...
  4. Pdxwayne

Subwoofer underneath desk?

I have tried 10" sealed and 12" sealed under my desks. 12" not as good as I could feel the sound pressure on my leg more than the 10". 10" disappears more.
  5. Pdxwayne

KEF Reference 5 VS Blade 2 vs Muon

I am assuming he listened to Revel M16 in exact same location in the room when he did listening comparison? The Revel has a back port too. That means same room issue applies to Ravel. Why he significantly prefers the Ravel when same room issue is there? Also, even after he fixed the room...
  6. Pdxwayne

Wow, so no eq and room treatments and you can't tell one speakers from another?
  7. Pdxwayne

Why would such dealer add eq to chain? Have you seen any independent dealers use eq when demo expensive speakers?
  8. Pdxwayne

I think I said that that anything above ref1 activates room modes of my dealer's room. ; ) Anyway, even for a large space for home (like 5000+ cubic ft), I still get room modes. I have found that for my bookshelf and floor standers, stuff the ports sound cleaner in my room. So, even if I only...
  9. Pdxwayne

I read somewhere that bass is 20% of listeners' preference. So better bass clarity was likely one reason I prefer the Reference series. Thinking back to my auditions in dealer's room, indeed the Reference series were paired with their best chain of streamer, DAC, preamp, amp, etc. R series...
  10. Pdxwayne

Nice. So no difference at all to you?
  11. Pdxwayne

Yes, but have you heard any of the speakers? ;)
  12. Pdxwayne

Like I said, not enough info. Did it only effect one speaker and not the other? Did it also improve his reference speaker in his room? Sounded great didn't tell me much. Did R3 perform the same as his reference speakers after room mode fix? Not enough info. Anyway, have you heard any of...
  13. Pdxwayne

His later edit was too brief to be meaningful to me. What exactly improved after room mode adjustment? Did it improve his reference speakers also or just the R3? Was R3 as good as his reference speakers after room mode adjustment? Not enough information. I hope you at least got the chance...
  14. Pdxwayne

Curious, how do you deal with room modes for bass? I am sensitive to sibilance. I guess you are too?
  15. Pdxwayne

From Amir review of R3: .......... Alas, once again subjective feeling was low. My standard routine is to cycle through my reference clips that I have selected during all my normal listening to sound superb on my Revel Salon 2 Speakers. Sadly hardly any of them sounded all that good here. Yes...
  16. Pdxwayne

The Case For AVRs... Am I missing something???

Yeah, indeed I needed to make lots of adjustments to make it sound good for stereo music in my 5000+ cubic feet room. Once those adjustments made, it was not optimal for movie anymore. Now I simply left both of my 5.1 setups in surround mode when listening to stereo music.
  17. Pdxwayne

As compared to other modes, I like it the most in my large room. At that time I like it loud. It was the loudest without sounding stressed. In my smaller room, where my surround speakers are closer to me, that mode may not be the best.
  18. Pdxwayne

For my stereo setup, I am currently using a pair of subs in stereo. The subs have the ability to do room eq. So far listening to songs with lots of sub bass, I don't feel like I am missing anything. The body feels are great. My daughter still complaint from upstairs when I played certain...
  19. Pdxwayne

Personalized sound zones for music listening in cars.

I wonder if I still need to yell to get the attention of my kids. : ) Also, wouldn't it be more cost effective for my passengers to listen to their own BT headphones via their own smart phone? ; )
  20. Pdxwayne

I used to mostly listen to stereo using Maranta AV 8801 Preamp feeding 4 Parasound Halo series stereo amps to do 7.2 "all channel stereo" mode. The AV preamp and amps retailed for $8500. I liked it a lot. What bothered me was the often observed harsh highs and the lack of sub bass clarity and...
Top Bottom