Search results

1. P

Genelec 8361A vs 8351B

You can use it as a 2-way and disconnect the woofer for studio work to mimic the Yamaha Ns10 or something similar but it doesn't make it a 2-way with a sub
  2. P

Genelec 1032C

What do you mean by "pleasant"?
  3. P

B&W 800D4 series

They're still using it today
  4. P

B&W 800D4 series

I wonder why at this price point they don't use a full metal cabinet instead of layers of wood and glue(the same question also applies to Focal Utopia)
  5. P

B&W 800D4 series

There's always someone with bigger balls;)
  6. P

B&W 800D4 series

Thats a rare exception 99% of the time when it's a a passive speaker, you don't see any such spec.
  7. P

B&W 800D4 series

By the way, why are there never any SPL specs of passive speakers?
  8. P

B&W 800D4 series

801 D4 Frequency response 15Hz to 28kHz (+/-3dB from reference axis) Wow o_O
  9. P

What headphones sound the most like speakers?

AKG K1000 and Sennheiser HD800
  10. P

Genelec 8361A vs 8351B

I just read on the Genelec forums that you need to sit close to the Ones in order to enjoy the coaxial design benefits, but if you sit far from them they'll sound similar to a "normal" monitor and you'll lose all the advantages of the coaxial design Is this true or BS?
  11. P

Genelec 8361A vs 8351B

I'm dying to hear the KH420 and 8361A side by side
  12. P

Hi end professional studio monitors vs hi end "hi-fi" speakers

https://www.soundandrecording.de/equipment/genelec-8361a-3-wege-studiomonitor-mit-voll-koaxialer-treiberanordnung-im-test/ They recently reviewed the 8361A also Read both reviews but still not sure which is better
  13. P

I guess my brain is saying, it's got a million drivers, it must sound better than anything else :)
  14. P

I guess what I meant was Can a studio monitor compete with such a beast with: Multiple drivers vs 2-3 max of studio monitors , much bigger than the average monitor, and obviously much more expensive.
  15. P

Genelec 8361A vs 8351B

I assume the 8361A get as loud as the Neumann KH420 AND Focal Trio 11 which is impressive because they're gigantic in size in comparison.
  16. P

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Maybe Neumann would be kind enough to ship one to him for testing
  17. P

How would hi end studio monitors (plus a sub I guess) like Genelec 8351B and Neumann KH420, D&D 8C etc, compare to mainstream hi end speakers like Focal Utopia or B&W D4? Obviously they're all excellent when compared to other studio monitors but I wonder if they can even compete when...
Top Bottom