Search results

1. danielmiessler

High-end Active HiFi vs. Mid-tier Passive HiFi

That's for a non-technical viewer. It just means the HiFi/HT is long-way in the room vs. how the room was designed, which is the short-way.
  2. danielmiessler

Basically a whole bunch of smart people here saying the Genelec ones are way overpriced and aren't even as good as JTRs.
  3. danielmiessler

Hey all, I'm getting ready to build my first real system and have decided to go active instead of passive—largely because of you all here, so thank you. (Btw, you can listen to my recent interview with Amir here). What I'm looking at is the following: 2 x Genelec 8351B Monitors for Highs 2 x...
  4. danielmiessler

JTR Subs for HiFi and Music Primarily

Wow, this is like the best audio community ever. Such deep knowledge and experience!
  5. danielmiessler

I'm currently thinking of two RS1's. I rarely enjoy music that loud on speakers (only in headphones and at EDC :). And I'm going to be doing a Genelec 8351B-based active monitor HiFi system, so I am more looking for clarity and range than crazy SPL. This is what I'm thinking. I'm hoping it...
  6. danielmiessler

That's what I was worried about, but someone else said here they'd be great for music, and that they have a pair of them and they're fantastic as HiFi subs.
  7. danielmiessler

Hey all, I'm looking for some subs to pair with a Genelec active-monitor-based HiFi system. I'm using Genelec 8351B's for left, right, (and center for HT), and am looking to get some really nice subs to go with them. I'm going to be running everything through the Storm MkII processor, which...
  8. danielmiessler

Neumann KH 870

What about for music? Would dual 18's be too slow to stay clean and tight for supplementing loudspeakers for HiFi?
  9. danielmiessler

An Interview with Amir on the Unsupervised Learning Podcast, Audiophile Industry Disruptor

Hey all, Amir came on the Unsupervised Learning podcast on Wednesday and the conversation is now available. We talked about: His background His measurement approach The difference between traditional audiophiles and his approach How much different factors affect sound, e.g., recording, gear...
  10. danielmiessler

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

Ha! I want him to test the 1266 too, but I don't want to be without them for the time it'll take!
  11. danielmiessler

Amir vs. Abyss: The Battle We Need

I'm going to send the PHI. The 1266 is my main rig. : ( Where do I find the address?
  12. danielmiessler

Applying the Objective/Measurement Approach to Reverse Engineer the Ultimate Listening Experience

But do they measure as flat and have as good of off-axis performance, combined with the DSP and room correction stuff?
  13. danielmiessler

Applying the Objective/Measurement Approach to Reverse Engineer the Ultimate Listening Experience

Wow, they scored so high. I'm going to try to have a listen next week, but if they sound good---combined with these measurements---I'm definitely going the active route. So glad I found this forum right before spending 60K on legacy stuff.
  14. danielmiessler

These were great, thank you. So it looks like the Genelec Ones are really good at this game of optimizing the main and off-axis signal. Amir mentioned not being a fan of The Ones type design, with the tweeter in the middle of the woofer and such. I wonder if he's heard or tested any of the...
  15. danielmiessler

I am new to ASR and have two questions—one specific and one general. What quality aspects, if any, within a digital or analog signal, determine the quality of experienced soundstage? Has anyone (mostly to @amirm) taken the cherished components of listening (clarity, stereo image, speaker...
  16. danielmiessler

Using a dCS Bartók DAC and Roon With a Genelec SAM™ System (For Music and Home Theater)

Yes, like it says in the title (Music and Home Theater), I'm trying to build something that does both. But music first. I'm getting pretty excited that I might be able to get away with a Roon server, which I already have, sending to the Storm MK2 processor which I can get with digital...
  17. danielmiessler

Using a dCS Bartók DAC and Roon With a Genelec SAM™ System (For Music and Home Theater)

I bought a new Mac Mini M1 that I use for dedicated Roon. It's ungodly fast. I had a NUCLEUS and returned it because it was way slower.
Top Bottom