Search results

1. T

Marantz AV8805A Review (AV Processor)

I have a Gustard X16 running into balanced inputs for reference stereo mode; if I am not mistaking this isn’t something the HTP-1 can do? Doesn’t seem like a big ask since mid-level Denon AVRs and the Emotiva pieces all have pure analog paths (albeit single ended with the AVRs). I haven’t heard...
  2. T

Press the “options” button on the remote, scroll down, do you see preset 1 with the ability to toggle to preset 2? Edit: it is not listed in the HA user manual
  3. T

I thought that was interesting too. According to both (D&M) sites and Crutchfield they do have the dual presets.
  4. T

Good to know, thank you. I run my Node and a CD player through an X16 DAC and balanced to my processor, playback is in Stereo Reference, and it sounds incredibly good to me. No balanced inputs on the HTP-1 is also a bit of a head-scratcher. Of course the Anthem and Arcam/JBL don’t either which...
  5. T

I would be afraid to buy any processor or AVR right now. Maybe Yamaha has a lag up since they’ve used ESS DACs for years. Understandably there are several components being switched around by most manufacturers and I’d be worried about the implementation versus simply getting product on trucks...
  6. T

Does anyone know if the DAC or processing chips sets have been changed in these like D&M? Also I guess anyone that owns one of these and listens to 2CH playback just accepts the internal DACs and has Dirac engaged? I want(ed) one of these but found that it doesn’t have a Direct/Pure...
  7. T

Emotiva XMC-2 Review (AV Processor)

Point taken. But, in my room that has been my experience.
  8. T

As long as said client doesn’t care about 2CH analog playback.
  9. T

And he would find his products sound better than the Denon.
  10. T

That is true, I was referencing your reference stereo comment; the Denon’s best results are in pre-amp mode and pure direct which is essentially the same as reference stereo on the Emotiva.
  11. T

Remember, all those pretty charts for the Denon AVRs were measured in “best case” scenarios too. Just making sure all are on equal grounds (which I get is nearly impossible).
  12. T

This may not be correct info so I am seeking clarification; I understand that the HTP-1 doesn't have an equivalent to Reference Stereo?
  13. T

Furthermore, isn't the bass management issue only apparent when multi-channel music is downmixed to 2CH? I don't see when this would ever occur in actual use. As mentioned in my other post, the lack of DLBC implementation is a bummer but I use a y-adaptor for my two subs, sum them (after placing...
  14. T

These review threads are sometimes informative and always entertaining if not bordering on ridiculous. Everyone has and is entitled to an opinion or preference relating to manufacturers. Remarkably few that comment appear to have first hand experience with the product under review or, and I...
  15. T

Interesting results. My RMC video, remote app and Harmony all provide speedy faultless performance. Setting up dual subs took more effort than the A110 I owned (and sold) but this thing sounds better than that unit or the X4700 I owned before it. The HTP-1 doesn’t have a true analog path so that...
  16. T

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

X16 to Emotiva RMC-1L, Parasound A52+ powering Polk LSiM 707/706/703 set up.
  17. T

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

I own a new Node for my main listening room that is connected to an X16 via coax and an older Node 2 in my garage system. Both perform perfectly connected to Ethernet, app is simple and works without flaw, both found my NAS, and I even been shocked a few times by the sound quality in my garage...
  18. T

SOLD!!!:Denon AVR-A110SOLD!!!

I really liked the A110 and its bass management was really good once the Audyssey curve was tweaked. I had an opportunity on a lightly used RMC-1L so I bought it. I intended to keep the A110 for about a month while I played with the 1L. I put the A110 up for sale after 5 days. Getting subs...
  19. T

Anthem AVM60 Review (AV Processor)

Brilliant piece of kit! ;) As to not wait for Anthem to sort their stuff out or for Yamaha to introduce their new processors I bought a six month old RMC-1L on Audiogon for $2500 and it functions perfectly and sounds brilliant. I'm surprised by all the negative comments relating to Emotiva...
Top Bottom