Search results

1. G

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Thanks for your reply I could use a usb to spdif converter and fo in digital the fa503, and control volume from my pc source (using foobar) , but i wanted a device with a rotary volume control, so the only oprion i found was a dac a preamplifier ( ok, there was the option of a minidsp shd...
  2. G

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Hi, can you tell me the db number your d30 is showing when used as a preamp? I bought this dac for use in front of a hypex fusion fa503 I connect dac to hypex via XLR I start the preamp at -99db : until -60 db i hear nothing, then from -59 to -30 volume is low. For a normal listening i need...
  3. G

Opinions on Hypex Plate (FusionAMP) Amplifiers?

Thanks for confirmation
  4. G

Thanks It looks really good the shd studio including dirac, but too expensive for now ... but for sure i will go this route in the future ..dirac is optimisation Any other otions ? I think i will go with analog input for now, i musnt loose in quality Vs digital in?
  5. G

Thanks all I must detail My source is a laptop without windows, only daphile is installed. All my music, couple of To is stored on a hard disc Daphile read files and is currently decoded by a dac with xlr output to a power amp. On the dac i set the volume knob to a certain level ( and sometime...
  6. G

Yeah why not, but o dont want an expensive " audiophile" gear What would be options?
  7. G

Kids play with remote, dogs chew them ... so when i have 1000w , i want and need a rotary volume control .. i don't trust computer volume .. you never know, why, but one day it will be at max volume and you wont see it..
  8. G

Thanlks I understand i can use volume control from computer, using daphile, but i think this solution is not very safe, imagine i turn on computer and volume is at max .. Isn't there any smal device from smsl, topping, teac, yamaha and others in which i can enter in usb from computer and out...
  9. G

Thanks So how to control volume when plug in gigital in fa503? Exception is hypex remote control which i don't want
  10. G

Hi there, Would a SMSL SD-9 be a good choice to drive fa503? I could plug a hard disc with flacs , monitor by application, control volume by the rotary knob. Then output AES to input AES speaker A ( that becomes master) and then output coaxial from speaker A to coaxial in speaker B ( that...
  11. G

Ok got it, thanks I now understand why a dac would be useless So options : -Topping d10s so i can come out in toslink - Rotary control on amazon I would like somerhing a little fancier that a 15 dollar rotary control or a topping I can throw 300 no problem I could be looking at a streamer...
  12. G

So the rorary Good to know So , in this scenario i have laptop usb to topping => output toslink topping to input toslink speaker A master => optical cable to speaker B slave Correct? What difference to have digital input VS Rca or XLR from a Dac? There's an internal conversion in the fa503...
  13. G

Its a requirement for me to have rotary control. I have kids and remoted often get loose ... A dac preamp stays where it is, i set volume and eventually adjust with smartphone and daphile app
  14. G

Thanks for your help I see there are many options I have a laptop with daphile (no windows) that reads my hard disk with my flac albums I need a rotary volume control, reason why i thought i would need a dac with volule control, and if possible then xlr outputs to connect to speaker right...
  15. G

Thanks, could you share a reference so that i can look? So in your scenario, it would be laptop => usb interface , out toslink => in toslink speaker 1 => from speaker 1 master , a cable to speaker two slave Correct?
  16. G

I'm still confuse, sorry I'm waiting my order actually, so did not yet get the product in hands I'm building a SEAS kingro4y mk3, waiting all parts to arrive I then realised how would i opperate the stereo from my laptop? Below is my understanding: Dac would be for volume control too with...
  17. G

I will use a laptop and daphile, so usb connextion
  18. G

Hello everyone, i'm planing a stereo diy project that implies a pair of hypex fusion Fa503 I will need a dac too, and my choice will go for a smsl dac with symetrical xlr outputs I am confused how to connect the dac as i read that fa503 operates as master and slave speaker? Will dac both xlr...
  19. G

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Also, why don't you tick the HDCD enable decoder box?
Top Bottom