Search results

1. zepplock

What's the deal with mid-tier closed headphones?

I'm aware. I run all my cans with at least basic EQ.
  2. zepplock

I have Hifiman he560, not Senn 560s ;)
  3. zepplock

560 is open. Like very very open. I needed something for office use, closed.
  4. zepplock

Fuses do affect sound, the question is how much

you are right, apologies to @audio2design for derailing it and misreading his comments.
  5. zepplock

Why are you changing subject? Who cares about high frequencies. This is audio forum. No one can hear 10Ghz. Just admit you spit out some BS without reading the context and be done with it.
  6. zepplock

Could you explain how a copper wire can have a "directional component"?
  7. zepplock

Totally understandable. My example was with RCA shielded/unshielded cables since this is where difference exists (and ofter claims exist about audible differences)
  8. zepplock

Now I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not. I clearly stated that shield is connected to one side of RCA neutral. It can't solve any ground loop issues since it's not part of any circuit. Isn't it so?
  9. zepplock

How can a shield solve ground loop issue? If there's a some sort of source of noise which cable picks up, yes shield can help, but ground loop? To solve it you need another path for signal/ground. Shield does not have it, it's just connected to RCA neutral.
  10. zepplock

It has nothing to do with AC vs DC. Directional cables claim that the shield is connected/grounded to one side of the cable. So in theory a directional cable is 1) physically different that non-directional, 2) are different physically when connected n opposite direction. The question is: does...
  11. zepplock

It's very good. Even though I personally favor the suspension headbands like AKG 271/7xx or my he560v3, the one on Elegia is very very comfortable. It's also not too thin to cause scalping but also not too thick or not too flat to mess up your hair! ;) I also want to add that for my head size...
  12. zepplock

I spent last couple of weeks with Focal Elegia and I think I will keep those. Even though they are a bit more that what I expected to pay for a new pair of cans ($399 from Adorama). Easy to drive. Powered by Objective Dac/Amp via Foobar on Windows. The comfort is top notch. Soft headband, but...
  13. zepplock

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Holo May DAC claims 145db noise floor
  14. zepplock

I'm wearing AKG 240s now, I forgot I had them. A real workhorse. Had them for ~15 years. Ordered Elegia from Adorama, we will see ;)
  15. zepplock

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Return it, it's obviously broken. Mine was new from drop and had no issues.
  16. zepplock

Sivga Phoenix Review (headphone)

"Getting a good bit" should be "fit"
  17. zepplock

Hifiman Sundara Review (headphone)

Now we need He-560 v3 measured. I suspect Sundaras are just those, but re-badged.
  18. zepplock

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

How much of group delay is perceived by brain/ears? With channel imbalance it can be as low as 0.5db, with distortion I think it was 1% (not 100% sure on the last number).
  19. zepplock

I basically gave up. I might track down used Beyer T70 to try since I'm a sucker for comfort. Otherwise just by AKG 371s and be happy. Cheap, built like a tank, amazing sound.
Top Bottom