Search results

1. B

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

"Useless"? That's a matter of opinion. The KH310 is linear phase with MA 1.
  2. B

The network switch is an Ethernet switch or router. I can't comment on KH 310s, but I do have 2 x KH80 and 2 x KH 750 aligned with MA 1. The 2 x KH 750 replaced 1 x KH 805. The KH 805 was aligned using REW and the back panel controls - no DSP room correction. I was concerned before I made the...
  3. B

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I think you're missing the point. The only reason for the new version is the lack of AKM chips. RME want the V3 revision to be as close to identical as possible.
  4. B

Brands that you hate

Bose headphones are great, objectively, as verified by Amir. I bought a Bose omni lifestyle speaker for a family member, it sounds great. They make some excellent products. So I think some of you guys are barking up the wrong tree. Wilson, Transparent etc - have at them.
  5. B

Rank studio monitors/active speakers you have heard

I've not got delicate sensibilities I just don't like blowhards.
  6. B

I couldn't care less what speaker anyone likes, I'm not here to promote Neumann. You're flat out wrong to say someone's a moron to buy a product that's more expensive. But I get where you're coming from, subjectivity is fine, as long as it matches your opinion.
  7. B

No and no. Off the top off my head I though of a few reasons why you might buy the Neumanns even if they are more expensive. I can't be bothered to say what they are because I don't like your attitude.
  8. B

The Neumann KH750 used with MA1 does act as this central device when paired with Neumann analogue monitors
  9. B

The devil on my shoulder says this situation justifies buying a UCX II!
  10. B

I've got a KH80/KH805 system and I'm considering replacing the KH805 with two KH750s so I can use the MA1 room correction kit. I thought I'd see if the MA1 software works OK with my audio interface, an EMU 0404 USB, on my Windows 10 laptop. When I run the MA1 wizard the EMU ASIO driver shows but...
  11. B

New (2021) RME Fireface UCX II

Unfortunately I need an IR remote, because I'll be using this in my living room system.
  12. B

New (2021) RME Fireface UCX II

If this had remote control I'd have bought it right away. What an awesome product. Mic pre for room measurement. All inputs routable to all outputs. Would make a great digital volume control for dual Neumann KH750 setup, one fed by AES, one by SPDIF. As it is I'll be replacing my ADI-2 DAC...
  13. B

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

You are too polite John. Marvey is a Dunning-Kruger narcissist. I'm sure the mods will delete this post, but hey, it needs saying.
  14. B

Mini DSP NanoDigi (EU) 140€ (shipping included)

Hi, I'm interested. Would shipping to the UK be covered by your asking price? Hopefully Brexit wouldn't cause any handling, customs or VAT issues..!
  15. B

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

At no point has @GoldenOne stated as a fact that MQA removed it. He has reiterated repeatedly it is his opinion. MQA are [proven liars|economical with truth|wonderful marketeers] call it what you want, it's the same result. Healthy suspicion of bad faith actors is a good approach to take.
  16. B

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

We don't know whether this happened or not. But it is naive to say that it could not happen at MQA's request. It most certainly could.
  17. B

I've been struggling to decide what to do with my KH80/KH805 system. I'm reluctant to replace my KH805 with a KH750 because specs wise it's not as good. Would two KH750 match the KH805 in distortion and output capabilities? Any feedback greatly appreciated. Especially from @jj-wohlgemuth!
Top Bottom