Search results

1. soundwave76

Stax SRM-Xh Review (Electrostatic Headphone Amp)

I was also curious to compare the top headphone models to my Stax. So I bought the HD800S, applied eq and… no comparison, Stax beat them hands down in my ears. DC Stealth comparison is tempting :)
  2. soundwave76

Stax SRM-Xh Review (Electrostatic Headphone Amp)

Great to see Stax reviews! Are you going to review your Stax headphones or some other models? Really interested to see those, since I own Stax L300 Limited and just love the 'airy' Stax sound compared to any other headphones out there.
  3. soundwave76

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

Merger between Audio-gd and PS Audio would make sense :)
  4. soundwave76

Genelec GLM Review (Room EQ & Setup)

My two cents for the sub discussion. I tried several Genelec subs prior to the DSP models and it was such a pain to try to find the right sub placement. And even with the best placement and settings, the sound was not great for music listening. Movies were ok. Then I got the first Genelec DSP...
  5. soundwave76

No no, GLM gives you options to have several listening positions and one can change them easily on the fly. For example one for the mixer and one for the listeners on the back of the studio and so on. I have played with this in my rooms as well.
  6. soundwave76

In hindsight, should have you used GLM in Genelec reviews @amirm? My opinion is that GLM correction should be included, since it's an integral part of the Genelec SAM speakers. Maybe at least a GLM on/off comparison on your listening section?
  7. soundwave76

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Thanks! WhatHiFi is ranked #44 in that category so that shall be the goal to pass right? :)
  8. soundwave76

What is this comparison site / service?
  9. soundwave76

For $1500, buy 2 Genelec 8030C's, or 2 Genelec 8010A's + subwoofer?

Definetly the 8030. Night and day difference to the other setup.
  10. soundwave76

Stax vs. HD800?

^ If you eq your Stax, why use a tube amp that changes the sound as well + adds distortion? :)
  11. soundwave76

Awesome work @Dan Clark and the team! What is the situation on EU orders - do you have resellers here already?
  12. soundwave76

I was thinking just the same. I just don’t pick up headphones that often anymore, since I got Genelec 8331 on my desktop. But still… :)
  13. soundwave76

Windows 11 (Insider Preview)

WTF!? I have always had the bar on the left. Now what I am supposed to do - switch to Mac? :)
  14. soundwave76

Need Childproofing Tips

Have a similar kids situation here. I solved the problem with a pair of Genelec 8340 that have metal grills protecting the driver elements. And they sound great.
  15. soundwave76

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

Interesting indeed. It would be great if @Ilkka Rissanen from Genelec could clarify this?
  16. soundwave76

Nice setup and text @KaLam1ty. You should consider upgrading your stands for these with the tilt.
  17. soundwave76

A LOT. Go for it. I wouldn't even consider buying speakers anymore without room correction. Nor use headphones without EQ.
  18. soundwave76

I think you and me know the result already - they both sound fantastic and about the same, but 8340 goes lower. I didn’t notice any other major differences.
  19. soundwave76

Absolutelly upgrade. The 8330 are superior to the 8030 because of the GLM room correction. If you apply room correction with some other means, then that’s a different case. I upgraded my 8030 first to 8330 and the improvement was huge, thanks to room correction. Later I upgraded to 8331 and...
  20. soundwave76

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

I think I will stick with my Bose N700 which sound decent without eq. I use them primarily with iPhone and Spotify. Any simple tips for eq on this setup?
Top Bottom