Search results

1. hardisj

Does A More Powerful Amplifier Make Speakers Sound Better?

not necessarily. When you say “linear excursion” keep in mind there is an IEC standard for this which defines it as a % change in Bl(x), Cms(x), Le(x) and/or Li(x). However, some manufacturers base it on physical geometry (i.e., coil height + gap). And then some use peak-to-peak and others use...
  2. hardisj

FWIW, I provided my short-term power testing above. But in my reviews I also provide long-term testing as well so we can see how/if the response changes as stimulus is applied for about 2 or 4 minutes. But that's less "dynamic" and more "extended" output sustainability. So I won't get into...
  3. hardisj

Can the speaker take the power? I'm sorry to plug my own video, but there is no sense in me typing all this up when I have already provided and explained it in video form. For those who can't be bothered with video: Compression/enhancement: points at which the speaker behaves...
  4. hardisj

Grimani SPL rule of thumb

I perform compression/linearity testing. I just provide it in a easier to understand form now. :)
  5. hardisj

Grimani SPL rule of thumb

The CTA-2034 has a section on specifying max SPL. With good stuff. I feel like Anthony is kind of trying to reinvent the wheel with his specifications (referencing his chat with the Audioholics last week). Maybe I'm being too harsh with that statement; I don't intend to be. I just feel like...
  6. hardisj

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

You're using full wavelength. Beaming occurs before this. Pretty easy to see; just grab any spec sheet from Scan Speak, and look at where the beaming occurs. Ideally one should use 1/4-wave. But that's not feasible with standard designs. 1/2-wave is "close enough". Full wave is too high...
  7. hardisj

SVS SB-2000 Pro vs SB-3000 Subwoofer Review

The noise was not present on either of my samples. Again, if it were, I would have noticed. I’m very aware of hiss because it’s been a pet peeve of mine for years and years due to my high sensitivity speakers and my car audio background. This seems to be a hit/miss incident.
  8. hardisj

Monitors up to 700 euros

I wouldn't go that far. I don't mind that they limit at all. It's just something people need to be aware of to keep expectations in check. I see people buy speakers and expect them to deliver 100dB at 12 feet, then go to the forums complaining. I try to manage expectations by testing for...
  9. hardisj

Jamo S807 Floorstanding Speakers Review

Haha. Well, I've got my hands full at the moment. But if richspeakerguy is listening, I can provide a list of things I want to test. :D
  10. hardisj

Jamo S807 Floorstanding Speakers Review

Thanks. Although, this one was posted over a year ago. I actually even momentarily forgot I reviewed this speaker. lol
  11. hardisj

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Most have arrived. I paid for all of these out of my own pocket (using funds from Patreon and donations). I am waiting for at least one more sub before I start testing. Infinity R12 - $170 Bic F12 - $300 Dayton SUB-1200 - $180 Jamo C9 - $309 Klipsch R-12SW - $200 I also just got the...
  12. hardisj

If it was present on mine I would have said it.
  13. hardisj

If it happened all of a sudden then I’d call SVS.
  14. hardisj

B&W 800D4 series

Speaking of Abbey Road…
  15. hardisj

CBT Harman Kardon Radiance 2400

Passive CBTs are generally curved because that’s the “mechanical” way of physically aligning the drivers so that the sound field is constant from top to bottom about a radius. The vertical ones have a lot of passive components to do the amplitude shading and time delay. This one undoubtedly...
  16. hardisj

I have already ordered 6 subwoofers all between $170-320 each. I can’t afford to buy anymore and I don’t have the time to measure more than that.
  17. hardisj

I ordered one a couple days ago. Set to arrive on Tuesday. I’m using it in my upcoming 12 inch budget subwoofer shoot out.
  18. hardisj

nope. Everyone knows you need big woofers to get ultra clean highs. (yes, of course I meant infrasonic ;))
  19. hardisj

Dual SVS SB-3000 or Dual PSA S1512 ?

I would need to search through my emails but IIRC, I was told by SVS that their speakers are all designed in-house when I specifically asked the question.
Top Bottom