Search results

1. bidn

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

Except these are absolutely no engineers, but not very ethical money seeking dudes excrementing long texts full of gibberish, whose nonsensical jargon is made to delude their readers into believing that they are experts, and high praises with nice pictures or videos, in exchange for money from...
  2. bidn

Thank you forn this excellent Suggestion, this is going to be my next setup, with ultimate audiophile synergy: <snake oil power filter [forgot their name]> --> BS Audio DAC -→ FrAudioQuest cable → Audio GoPee amp. Endgame!
  3. bidn

The measurements of this Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity reveals that it has, as indicated by its name, more than one singularity, so the company delivers here! Except that these singularities are unexpected crazy flaws! For its price, I see it as one of the worst products in its category, and...
  4. bidn

Puritan Audio PSM156 Review (AC Filter)

In your posts in this thread, you seem to systematically confuse completely different things: - the signal fed, in these test cases usually a simple waveform oscillating with a single frequency (e.g.1000 times the same pattern per second = with a parameter of 1 kHz) - the FFT, a which is not...
  5. bidn

Puritan Audio PSM156 Review (AC Filter)

The guillotine got rusty and needs maintenance. There are too many snake oil manufacturers targetting gullible audiophooles, revolutionary Amir cut off too many heads these last times... Also, his wife is getting mad at him , his testing lab has become a gory, horror place, full of blood... .
  6. bidn

Leaf Audio PA-03 MKII Review (Tube Preampifier)

Super impressive (in the negative direction )! With tube devices, I have often have the impression that it is a contest in reverse, not competing for the best device with the best numbers re. high fidelity, but for the worst one, with the lowest fidelity... This is part of their misleading...
  7. bidn

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

The official Stealth page states: "The leather headband", I understand this to mean that genuine leather is used for the headband (versus fake leather in the ear pads).
  8. bidn

Oppo PM-2, PM-3, All Bluetooth headphones with fake leather.
  9. bidn

BTW, something very interesting about this thread. Jude, the founder of Head- Fi, started a similar thread, also with some measurements, on the same day, a few hours ahead of Amir: this allows for comparison. As of now ( the time before I started writing this post), Jude's thread has 282...
  10. bidn

Thank you very much for taking time to address here all these questions and points! Congratulations for the frequency response of this headphone and have a nice weekend, bidn
  11. bidn

Thank you very much for this essential info, are the fake leather ear pads are not even detachable! Then the design is the more so absolutely not acceptable for me at this very high price point! How many months before the ear pads fall apart, and since they cannot be replaced, one has to throw...
  12. bidn

Thank you. I checked their internet site, it states: - 'vegan suede and "leather" ear pads' - 'Composite synthetic suede and protein-leather pads' - 'Ear Pads: Synthetic Suede and Leather'. The second statement is clearer but the first one (and also the third one) is unclear, misleading. I...
  13. bidn

Best headphones for Rock/Metal under $2K

I use the ADI 2 Pro as my DAC. I can recommend the following for metal and hard rock (I listen to much more metal than rock): Focal Elear, Focal Clear. I subjectively find both "neutral" enough, with excellent dynamics and very resolving, and very "fast" ( sorry for being subjective, but for...
  14. bidn

Oppo PM3 Review (Closed Back Headphone)

Why do you deny Weebster's sharing of his own experience with the fake leather of his headphones as an unwarranted blanket statement? I can't believe you have used Weebster's personal headphones, so if someone is making unwarranted blanket statement, it would be you by denying his experience...
  15. bidn

Oppo PM3 Review (Closed Back Headphone)

Excellent point, I can confirm this. I own the PM-3 (though nowadays one of my daughter uses it), the pads don't last a year and need to be replaced by newly bought pads at least once a year. You are right that the cause is the use of protein (fake) leather. I also own various bluetooth...
  16. bidn

Rogue Audio Sphinx V3 Review (Tube Amplifier)

On another forum (homecinema fr), a long time member who was a retired journalist for a ( I think defunct) audio magazine explained the following (it was in the TotalDAC thead after ASR's measurements, which thread TotalDAC had fully locked and another open under their full control): - If...
  17. bidn

DROP + SENNHEISER PC38X Review (Headphone)

You may already know, but there are more bad things. Sennheiser is kicking off its headphone division (profit had decreased these last years; and, I think it was already a year ago, they had to lay off many long times employees; their lead headphone engineer, Axel Grell, also left the sinking...
  18. bidn

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Thank you very much. I didn't know there was a theory about this. I often noted people who know nothing on a given field are more humble, while some arrogant people who know a very very little bit don't realize how much more tons of knowledge there is (of which they have not a clue) and are...
  19. bidn

Probably they made this decision before GoldenOne published his famous game-changing video on youtube (today roughly 270 000 views (it never stops strongly increasing), 20 000 likes, 3000 comments), or at least before it became viral in the audio world. Now taking the most influential youtube...
  20. bidn

Excellent point! My RME ADI 2 Pro has this defect too.... I learned to live with it (e.g. trying to turn the volume knob very slowly, else it may do the opposite of the intended volume change...), and it becomes less of an issue when using an external amp, but no quality control for such an...
Top Bottom