Search results

1. C

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

KH310. I am very happy with them. I was a little surprised at how small they are. Somehow, I expected a bigger "box".
  2. C

Thoughts on Audioholics discussion on "Improving Loudspeaker Specifications Standards for Consumers"

@Sean Olive , it is funny that we live so close by. I wonder if by chance unknowingly we bumped into each other at the local Ralph's or ice cream at Tifa's... Good I didn't recognize you around here. I would have bombarded you with questions!
  3. C

A Scientific Review of AudioScienceReview

"(2) In science, independence is critical and COI is a serious topic. For example, it is unacceptable to take part in a drug study and have any financial interests in the drug sales or company producing the drug. A scientist would need to excuse her/himself from such a study or at the very least...
  4. C

What are we listening to right now..

Because my wife sings here.
  5. C

Are we getting the emphasis wrong?

Oh, I am terribly sorry. I did not know that you were brilliant....
  6. C

Are we getting the emphasis wrong?

I think there are a couple of points we should think about. First, ironically, the original comment sounds like Paul McGowan and his interest in building his own recording studio and producing everything in DSD. Just sayin'... Second, we may also have some recall bias. We "think" or remember all...
  7. C

@DjBonoBobo , the Neumanns arrived. I replaced the EVE audio SC207 and dit some brief listening. I am very happy with them already. In my room, as you suggested, they have enough bass that I won't need subwoofers. They do play loud. Almost to 11!
  8. C

Thanks @DjBonoBobo ! Where I will have them now I will not need a subwoofer (me thinks). It is a small room and they will replace Eve Audio SC207 which sound great there. But, we will be moving to Belgium and I will bring the KH310 as the primary "music" speakers. I have no idea how our home...
  9. C

Thanks everyone for objectively and thoroughly confusing me! Now I’m sure that I don’t know what to do. :):p
  10. C

Question for these experts. Based on Neumann's "new" web posting, it seems that you can use TWO KH750 subwoofers with Neumann satellites using the MA-1. https://en-de.neumann.com/ma-1 Have any of you used the KH310 with 2 KH750 and the MA-1? I am getting my KH310s this week and wondered of the...
  11. C

What is your favorite Cologne or Perfume?

Eau pour un sauvage.
  12. C

Four Speaker Blind Listening Test Results (Kef, JBL, Revel, OSD)

@Sancus, as I said, and I didn’t buy the papers, it WAS based on a regression model. This is how preference scores are reached. Basically, you are expanding on what I summarized, nothing more.
  13. C

@Randy Bessinger , correct, my apologies. TRAINED listeners. There is research that shows that untrained listeners had a different preferred response curve. A little more bass and more treble. As amirs has posted many times, many speaker manufacturers release speakers with what appears...
  14. C

I don't understand why many have become so defensive on this issue. I said that I accept the work of Toole and Olive. I said that I want my speakers to follow the Harman curve of educated listeners. I said that I wished all studios used the same curve, to reduce this circle of confusion. But! We...
  15. C

@MatthewS , funny you bring this up. I had a huge issue with one company because they were designing a study using relative risk and I was trying to convince them that the absolute risk made the study unlikely to be successful. Too many patients with low absolute risk. So even if they reached...
  16. C

@Semla. I agree with what you have stated. No worries. As I said many times, this is an interesting observation. I have seen many studies that had no p[lan and found new things, of course. I also know of studies that have been called milestone and were never able to be replicated. I am sure you...
  17. C

Nope. That is not the reason you do this. ANY experiment will have a stat plan BEFORE you initiate it. You can never "guarantee" the results. This is one more reason you want the stat pan. You want to make sure that you are doing the proper analysis. How many times have you seen publications...
Top Bottom