Search results

1. q3cpma

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

How about MEG's RL901K, where the woofer crosses low enough that diffraction is probably inexistent? Genelec seems to call this approximately coaxial.
  2. q3cpma

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

What I meant is that Genelec isn't just increasing prices because they want to. Doubt the watts cost really "nothing" and I'm pretty sure neo magnets have a significant impact.
  3. q3cpma

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

Why do you think these have a comparable BOM? The 8361A uses in-house woofers with neodymium magnets, a LOT more amp horsepower (700W vs 150W for LF), more powerful DSP modules (16 or more notch filters vs 4), and obviously more R&D shared with the Ones family (especially to match directivity...
  4. q3cpma

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

This is the directivity you get, though (RM8):
  5. q3cpma

Genelec 8351b vs 8361a

If you really don't want to use subwoofers, it is worth considering the 8361A over the 8351B.
  6. q3cpma

Genelec GLM Review (Room EQ & Setup)

The only thing I'm wondering with this method, is what the direct sound's phase looks like after.
  7. q3cpma

Most linear near field studio monitors?

No, but soundandrecording.de has the One 18 (bad and overpriced) and the PSI A14-MS3 (not too bad but worse directivity and price than Genelec/Neumann).
  8. q3cpma

I see. The stability of this method seems dependent on the exact listening position.
  9. q3cpma

I don't really understand the physics behind this, to be honest. For me, cancellation is cancellation, even if it's not complete (not exactly 180° of phase difference when the waves meet), boosting would maybe narrow the dip, but would it really fill it?
  10. q3cpma

? How do you EQ SBIR?
  11. q3cpma

Accurate and boring or colored and fun

By definition of HiFi (High Fidelity), I doubt there can be more than one approach; or at least, more than one goal.
  12. q3cpma

Essential technical specs for cd transport ONLY

Well, probably, I should have added "hypothetical", as OP and seemingly a lot of people (audiophiles, I guess) worry about this stuff.
  13. q3cpma

Accurate and boring or colored and fun

The answer is simple: if accurate equipment sounds boring to you, it's your music that's boring, not the equipment.
  14. q3cpma

Anyone heard any higher end PMC monitors like the twotwo.6?

Previously mentioned: Twenty.21 DB1S-AII IB-1S Three expensive and disgusting horrors, the ball is in the fanboys' court to prove the brand can produce something worth listening to.
  15. q3cpma

Ok Guys and Gals,Strat or Les Paul for Rock or Blues,with examples?

Superstrat, way more comfortable.
  16. q3cpma

Well, it sure isn't a single frequency, but I'd fear screwing the direct sound by EQing as high as 600 Hz.
  17. q3cpma

You have a castle or something? Because "normal" rooms' Schroeder frequency is nearer to 200 Hz than 80.
Top Bottom