Search results

1. Hiten

Leaf Audio PA-03 MKII Review (Tube Preampifier)

I gather this will have not too much effect on measurements but. is the transformer orientation correct ? That shield looks like aluminum which will hardly block magnetic field.
  2. Hiten

Vintage vs New Turntable?

Thanks. looks like so far my turntable is OK. Regards.
  3. Hiten

My TT's overall working and speed looks ok. I am wondering about Direct Drive turntables circuit sections which keeps speed stable (Quartz based or FG based etc. ) and that particular sections capacitors. Do they need to be accurate ? regards
  4. Hiten

With old turntable you will have to check cartridge useage by previous owner. If change is needed it will require setting up and fiddling or a new stylus. Within the budget (already recommended) U-Turn Orbit with brand new cartridge and builtin phono preamp and additional headphone amplifier...
  5. Hiten

A general question. Do vintage Direct Drive Turntables (I have Technics) need capacitor replacement in any important area of circuit design ? Thanks and regards.
  6. Hiten

Chane A1.5 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Its different speakers but the foam plug looks similar to other companies use (I could be wrong though)
  7. Hiten

Chane A1.5 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Why port plugging is not showing any significant difference ?
  8. Hiten

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

pardon me. No I meant i have seen some amplifiers have connections for two sets of stereo speakers and capable amplifier can drive the both at same time. (Some amps do insist that second pair should not be less than 8 ohms as it would stress the amplifier) regards
  9. Hiten

Currently I am making lm3886 amplifier just for fun. (I know these chip amps are not powerful) I am not planning anything with regard to query; was just thinking if it is possible. OK got that. I understand subwoofer needs power, was guessing about if any powerful amplifier having speaker A+B...
  10. Hiten

Just curious... If one has powerfull amplifier which can drive two speaker sets. How worthwhile or possible would it be to have a passive subwoofer or DIY subwoofer with custom made crossover ? thanks.
  11. Hiten

Elac Anericas Price Increase 8/15

Aren't they already making ? Some old companies Techincs, Dual, Perpetuum Ebner all are making turntables again. Regards
  12. Hiten

Andrew Jones out at ELAC!

Expectation will be high for 'First' project in a new company . All the best to AJ.
  13. Hiten

Dali Spektor 1 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

sorry my mistake. With the word relative i got condused. Both are same I presume. i.e. relative to fundamental. Regards
  14. Hiten

Dali Spektor 1 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

little confused... how to compare Dali spektor 1 with jbl a130 distortion wise ?
  15. Hiten

thanks gentlemen, if cabinet resonance a simple bracing on side panel and rear panel ? did you take measurement of how much reduced low end extension was after plugging the port. It may help crossover point if sub is added. Regards
  16. Hiten

From the measurements in post #1 the port resonances are directly below this bump. Any clues to distinguish if it is port or woofer resonance contributing to the bump in measured response ?
  17. Hiten

how many poles does this DD turntable motor have? (not a test)

I am not a technical person. But I think there are nine poles. The multiple green iron core protruding outside have coils wound around in alternate pairs of cores is just to smooth out cogging (?) . Besides the outermost green varnished coils looks distinct so I counted nine .... Regards
  18. Hiten

probably a silly thought... what if we spray a thin coat of appropriate material to small area of tweeter diaphragm (1) we will loose some overall output level of tweeter ? but.. (2) the 15k peak resonance would be moved further up where audiblity will be less and music content is also less in...
  19. Hiten

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

Looks like nice speakers. Some say distortion measurements does not matter much but would be interesting to see. Thanks for the effort. regards.
Top Bottom