Search results

1. Breedeng

Tips on phantom center? UST use case

just watched an audioholics youtube in which the center speaker was presented as THE dominant speaker (by a good margin) used by studio sound mixes for multichannel movies and streamed tv media. So I would buy a good center channel and experiment on placement. Mine is high and I don’t really...
  2. Breedeng

Choosing between the Denon X8500H, X6700H, X4700H and X3700H (Updated)

Is your hdmi cec turned on? I had unusual occurrences when it was turned on. Had to shut it off on AVR and the LG tv.
  3. Breedeng

AVR with eARC, 5.1/7.1 analog input, Dolby and DTS?

Huh. I don’t think that is true. Have you visited denon website or Crutchfield? Denon AVRs A110 and 8500HA do for sure (analog 7.1 inputs) and probably less expensive ones too.
  4. Breedeng

AVR with eARC, 5.1/7.1 analog input, Dolby and DTS?

No Denon? If you read the reviews on this website the Denons measure the best. The NADs are having reliability and customer service problems recently.
  5. Breedeng

Upgrade Denon avp A1 HD

You “sound” like you have a classic case of audiophile upgraditis and wish to justify a new purchase. This happens to me continuously. My wife refers to it as pieces periodically going stale and needing replacement. So I do believe your new setup would audibly measure better. But as stated...
  6. Breedeng

Stereo A/V

Your route with a new TV and AVR would be HDMI via eARC.
  7. Breedeng

Upgrade Denon avp A1 HD

I read through the 2008 audioholics review of your product. Very impressive. It’s SNR was around -95 db. The new denons will probably measure as good or slightly better. But I doubt you (or anyone) will hear any improvement in sound quality. But you will get updated features. If Denon updated...
  8. Breedeng

Upgrade Denon avp A1 HD

Have you read this website’s reviews of Denon AVRs? They are the best of the bench right now.
  9. Breedeng

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

For our Buckeye entrepreneur—a science PhD is a very nice ticket to have. I have one, and I was always surprised by the deferential doors it opened. It is nice to have different plans and paths to flex into your future.
  10. Breedeng

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

I have not heard or read that Denon’s external adapter still does not correct the issue with Xbox gamers. Do you have a published source for that?
  11. Breedeng

Upgrade path from a Denon AVR-X3600H?

I’m quite happy with three March p701 monoblocks for LCR. These are hypex ncore1200s and provide 700w at 4ohms. Believe they were around $1500 each. Run very cool. I also have Nord 8 channel using the ncore252 modules driving my surrounds and atmos. These provide 250w at 4ohms each. I believe...
  12. Breedeng

The VSX-LX505 or TX-RZ50

Denon does not have DIRAC. It has Audyssey which received a good review on this website when used with the optional App. DIRAC is good too. Regarding their HDMI 2.1 support, they provided free an external device fix for earlier AVRs that contained the bad Panasonic chip. That seems like a pretty...
  13. Breedeng

Receiver as Pre Amp

No it is not worth the price increase. If you read through this website especially it’s review of the Denon AVR 8500h. Then read it’s review of the Marantz’s or other manufacturers preamps. You will find measurements supporting superior SINAD and improved engineering hygiene of Denon AVRS (in...
  14. Breedeng

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

So perhaps confirmation bias of current owners is producing these supportive posts. I too subcomb to this human trait on my current products. But now that this member provided sample (not hand picked by manufacturer) tested poorly, I am dissuaded from purchasing. Hence what a perfect motive for...
  15. Breedeng

Amir allows us to use math to aggregate our choices. Then we can make more informed decisions over our choices. Otherwise we would only have the manufacturer’s press releases or opinions of reviewers needing future advertising income.
  16. Breedeng

best audio streamer for amazon music HD

Have any of you considered Denon’s separate HEOS link? Sells for 350 and streams amazon ultra HD 24/192 using HEOS app.
  17. Breedeng

Choosing between the Denon X8500H, X6700H, X4700H and X3700H (Updated)

You can also go into denon setup just using ur remote , then choose speakers, then choose manual, then choose crossovers and just reset manually for comparison
  18. Breedeng

I do not know why we should give Lenbrook a pass for not ensuring an easy setup? Why limit functionality to lucky or patient customers? Why not prepare the machine to have a neat flawless first impression? I purchased one of their NAD class d amps CI 8-120. You can read my negative review on...
Top Bottom