Search results

1. sigbergaudio

Prototyping our new high-end dual opposing 10": Sigberg Audio 10D

(Double posting from the SBS.1 thread since this review was of both products) The first review of both SBS.1 and the 10D subwoofers (collective test of SBS.1 speakers paired with two 10D subwoofers) is out. Norwegian only, but here are a few bits of the article translated to Norwegian. :) The...
  2. sigbergaudio

Sigberg Audio SBS.1 Active speakers prototype/build thread

The first review of both SBS.1 and the 10D subwoofers (collective test of SBS.1 speakers paired with two 10D subwoofers) is out. Norwegian only, but here are a few bits of the article translated to Norwegian. :) The review was in the Norwegian hifi magazine "Stereopluss" "This is sound at a...
  3. sigbergaudio

Small Subwoofer Drivers in Tower Speaker

I don't have raw driver measurements readily available. For a 3-way around 400hz is probably a good start.
  4. sigbergaudio

Please note that my graph is the corrected/finished response of our speakers, not raw driver response.
  5. sigbergaudio

Qualcomm announces "aptX Lossless" bluetooth codec

Not technically true, WAV can be losslessly compressed to 40-50%, so if they can compress and decompress in real time 1Mb would be plenty for true lossless. That's essentially what FLAC is.
  6. sigbergaudio

They measure as specified and can also take a lot of power and abuse as long as you roll them off early enough. The speaker we've built based on this driver is +/-2dB from 100-20,000hz. Here's a recent measurement from 1khz-20khz 15 degrees off-axis (1/6 smoothing): And more importantly...
  7. sigbergaudio

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

That is correct. It sounds and behaves remarkably well.
  8. sigbergaudio

subwoofer discussion

Good article. As he points out, phase correction on the subwoofer isn't really possible in a meaningful way, since the subwoofer is typically already delayed. The best way to handle this is a processor that can do this upstream, or set yourself up to minimize phase problems (sealed subwoofers...
  9. sigbergaudio

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

You just have to cross over high enough. Those measurements look a bit weird too, compared to what we've got. I've measured the 5.5" coax at 109,[email protected] outdoors (both midbass and tweeter active), that got me 1,48% THD @5khz. So my impression is that you can freely play as loud as realistically...
  10. sigbergaudio

Driver choice for a shallow subwoofer

Is the bump at 50-60hz intentional? Good job on the build! :)
  11. sigbergaudio

Finalizing some measurements, turns out I've been a bit sloppy with the distance when measuring off-axis (further away when moving more off-axis so that the highend roll-off was higher in the graph than in reality. There are a few artifacts below 500hz here because my measuring situation isn't...
  12. sigbergaudio

Sigberg Audio: Building a "design" subwoofer that actually sounds good

Not a lot of updates here in a while, but all variants (Inkognito 10 & 12 in Satin white and Satin black) are in production and in stock. New product photos arrived recently as well, perhaps giving an even better impression of how these look than previous pictures. :) Read more and purchase...
  13. sigbergaudio

A different way to look at it is to look at the price for the full system. It's all modular, so you can do 7300USD ex vat for SBS.1 + our smallest subwoofer, all the way to 9950USD ex vat for SBS.1 + two of our 10D subwoofers. For that price you get a modular, powered, true full range system...
  14. sigbergaudio

For export (sales to anywhere but Norway), they will be sold ex VAT, which works out to roughly 5200USD / pair. Then any local VAT will apply during import, which will vary depending on your country. And yes, you will need subwoofer(s) as well.
  15. sigbergaudio

New product photos are finally in place! :) Read more and purchase at: https://www.sigbergaudio.no/products/sigberg-audio-sbs-1-aktive-hoyttalere
  16. sigbergaudio

New product photos finally in place. :) Read more and purchase at https://www.sigbergaudio.no/collections/alle-sigberg-audio-produkter/products/sigberg-audio-10d
  17. sigbergaudio

Isobaric isn't more effective. PA often use horn loaded systems, I don't believe the majority of PA subwoofers are isobaric.
  18. sigbergaudio

Placing Bookshelf Speaker on Subwoofer

Not really. A dual opposing subwoofer would be nice (minimizes vibrations in the cabinet and the speakers on top of them), but you'd likely be fine with a regular subwoofer too. EDIT: As @Wes points out, it may not be the ideal position for the best bass - but other than that it should be fine.
  19. sigbergaudio

I can't speak for other manufacturers, but as a relatively small manufacturer we tend to prefer simple but sound designs. And again, the benefit isn't as big as it may seem. The most space saving is a clamshell configuration with a protruding driver. But if you have to design the enclosure so...
Top Bottom