Search results

1. artburda

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Can you play a test tone (e.g. 500 Hz) and measure the output voltage from the headphone out with a multimeter?
  2. artburda

Is anyone else getting messages like this?

Got the same message today.
  3. artburda

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

Found the problem: I didn't uncheck "measure simple waveforms" in DeltaWave's setup. Now it's working.
  4. artburda

I think my DEQ2496 has a really bad jitter issue. When I did some digitial-to-digital recordings, PC Toslink --> Sony PCM-D100 Toslink input, the null test with @pkane DeltaWave showed a bit perfect match between the digital recording and the original file. However when I put the DEQ2496 without...
  5. artburda

CD player vs. DAC sound - can you hear a difference? (listening test)

What CD-Player, DAC and ADC have you been using btw? Or will you reveal the used devices as well as alpha and beta only after the poll has closed?
  6. artburda

CD player vs. DAC sound - can you hear a difference? (listening test)

foo_abx 2.0.6d report foobar2000 v1.6.4 2021-07-12 14:47:15 File A: alpha.wav SHA1: 2edddc4333a3ee2f43f3d2c02602433f5b09f783 Gain adjustment: +2.25 dB File B: beta.wav SHA1: d6e8965b8daaeb938d38f415a952adbd5bd8df00 Gain adjustment: +2.25 dB Used DSPs: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Output: ASIO : MOTU M...
  7. artburda

Tortuga TPB.V1 Tube Preamp Buffer Review

I‘m pretty sure it‘s named after Tortuga from Breaking Bad
  8. artburda

My DEQ2496 including a Superlux ECM-999 measurement mic arrived today. Got them both in almost new condition for around USD 120.-. Looking forward to testing it over the weekend.
  9. artburda

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

Based on Amir’s recommendation: Topping DX3 Pro, Khadas Tone Board, Motu M4 Based on Wolf‘s recommendation: Topping L30 Based on JohnYang‘s recommendation: Sony MH1c
  10. artburda

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

If you make a mistake in the process, you could brick the DAC.
  11. artburda

Different Speaker Cable Lengths

If I remember correctly, Dr. Tist explained at a seminar in Europe that elecricity can travel faster through first run copper cables than regular off the shelf cables. So, you could try using one first run copper cable to compensate for the different lengths, if you absolutely cannot use the...
  12. artburda

Field Recorder Comparison Sony PCM-D100 vs Olympus LS-11 (vs Motu M4)

Regarding the sony pro service. There is only a call center somewhere in Turkey. That‘s it. No other contact. I talked to some sony equipment sellers in Switzerland and they confirmed that even they had to go through this service center abroad. I have never seen something like that with other...
  13. artburda

Depends on the price and what you want to record with it. I got the D100 new for CHF 500.- ( around USD 530.-). If you‘re not going to use the line in and only record speech, I wouldn‘t buy the D100 and stick with the LS-11. However, if you want to record music and it has a lot of bass, the D100...
  14. artburda

Handheld recorder with integrated microphones?
  15. artburda

There are also some comparison live recordings from an old german test website (offline). I managed to download the mp3 tracks. They compared the LS-11 to the Sony PCM-D50 and Tascam DR-100 Mk2: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anr7nNrCvyNJmwcQWtWYEiSOHf6U?e=1kHJLF
  16. artburda

I used the L30 to adjust the input levels. For the D100 I set the 1kHz test tone to 1.97 V and adjusted the recording level pot until the display went from OVER to -1dB. The red over lamp starts lighting up at -1dB (no light when at -2dB on the display) and from there, when you go up 1dB with...
  17. artburda

Here are the test recordings: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anr7nNrCvyNJmwSee4GqGSpR2Pe_?e=iFza3J First you will hear some noise I used to adjust the volume in post, however I tried to get them as close as possible to the same dBFS level before I started recording by playing the same test noise, so the...
  18. artburda

I did some level matched comparison recordings with a reference tone, so you can compare the noise floors in a real live scenario. Will post it later on today.
Top Bottom