Search results

1. Grooved

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

It depends on several things, main what is on the cable path... like other cables I already achieved the same measurements with a 6ft provided cable only than with the same cable + a 15ft basic extension cable, but it was on a clean path
  2. Grooved

Neutrik TRS to XMR adaptor can be found for $12, so 24 for both. I suppose that Topping can get them for less, even at $15 for both, it leaves $124 for the DAC, so $15 more than the D10s, which if I'm not wrong has same chips but with unbalanced output instead of balanced on this D10b I don't...
  3. Grooved

Regular XLR cables since TRS-XLR adapters are provided with the DAC or TRS-XLR cables, as they give the advantage of less pressure on the the DAC than using adapters+cable (I try to avoid "one piece" adapters)
  4. Grooved

I already have the Tone2 Pro, and will certainly order a D10b for another audio system that require exactly this kind of device. Both have incredible performance/price ratio, but I would say that if one has to decide between both, the decision should not to be made on what you said because : -...
  5. Grooved

I already saw several times a "bug" in Windows 10 while switching between internal audio and a DAC, or two DACs,.. and getting volume going up to 100% for one device even if I had set it at a lower value before. I would never take the risk of sending 100% in active monitors, unless setting very...
  6. Grooved

I edited my other post to specify that the question was on the Monitor1 :) Anyway, your D10 balanced looks like a great product !
  7. Grooved

Arte you sure it's 100% balanced inside the Behringer Monitor1 ? Because there are other product like that which are not... even with the XLR inputs and outputs.
  8. Grooved

Both DAC are transparent as measures by Amir, why one not as clean sounding as the other?

Hi @pkane and @Pdxwayne I just test the difference on two files I've created in the past with a setup but one with laptop powered by battery, and one with power supply. I got more than -110 PKmetric in both with/without autotrim (only the correlated null was a bit different) while it was a...
  9. Grooved

Best spec ADC Chip currently.... ??

@IVX Amazing work! Will certainly order your ADC
  10. Grooved

Atmos encoded FLAC files?

Hi, I did not check if there is Atmos content in it, but your file is a 24/48 MQA file, with an original sample rate of 96kHz (sample rate of the master, and sample rate once the file is decoded by MQA Core decoder).
  11. Grooved

Tidal vs. Deezer vs. Qobuz vs. Spotify vs. Apple Music

It's strange indeed, but I understand the menu as two options you would not changed later : - unchecked = force AAC/lossy (if you always want lossy and less data used) and always use it. or - checked = let you choose, in which you can pick AAC/lossy, ALAC up to 48kHz and ALAC up to 192kHz But...
  12. Grooved

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

I will try to not rely only on my impression, and ask to a friend with impressive earing if he can give his one without telling him anything. Now, I see what you mean by "sharp edges", the thing that needs to be check is that even if add something interesting, it can be at the cost of loosing...
  13. Grooved

Wouldn't it be good if you create some kind of a sticky thread with this information? Just saying, at least anyone could link to it if needed. Regarding the OP file, if I'm not wrong, it starts with music. Can this part be considered as usable for test ? I would say that : - if the encoder is...
  14. Grooved

Or not bad enough to make a real difference, let's not forgot this possibility to stay neutral. Anyway, my feeling is that I get a different master, because after thinking it twice, the main thing I hear can look like adding a transient exciter, and if you add such a thing to a master, it's not...
  15. Grooved

My thought on it is that if the encoder can generate error log, if he does, he sould also never give a Blue light in this case. Bad programming. Regarding the "publish" part, I was meaning sending a file to a publisher to get the file on Tidal service. If I'm not wrong, no one did such a thing...
  16. Grooved

This is what I thought first, but now it's changing a bit. I realize that I changed my habits and that I use Tidal for short listening sessions, and Qobuzz for longer, not sure why, maybe I get a bit of fatigue sooner with Tidal... The thing that I would have loved is Tidal adding "Random...
  17. Grooved

I supposed they won't too. Not sure if I'm right here, but since I have devices that produce less difference by encoding an original file than what you get between FLAC and MQA, and supposing they have a better encoder than mine, it shoud mean that they add processing to create to MQA file. What...
  18. Grooved

Right, but I was only replying about the test Pkane and I did recently, I thought DimitryZ was talking about that "Bellow" your name was the correct one, sorry for that, and yes, I know it doesn't come from you, it was some kind of coincidence to see that, and it was just a joke (see the...
  19. Grooved

Whichever the results, we need to keep in mind it's on decoded file only, not rendered one which will be more difficult to evaluate. And at this moment, the test done by pkane was between 16bit FLAC and 24bit MQA (not 16bit MQA), and the one I did was 24 to 24 but from 44.1 upsampled to 96. We...
  20. Grooved

OK, I will try to find a track that have all available formats if possible. It also may be good if I can find two from different kind.
Top Bottom