Search results for query: mqa

1. JohnYang1997

Topping E30 II DAC Review

This has to be an error. Sorry for the confusion. I'll let someone contact them to correct it.
  2. JohnYang1997

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

You already can't do MQA if you do any sort of processing including eq, volume control etc.(before final unfold)
  3. JohnYang1997

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Due to the way MQA works any process in the chain, even volume control should by design avoided before the DAC. My suggestion is to either forget about MQA or try with MQA pass through on, exclusive mode on, volume max, and no process in the chain.
  4. JohnYang1997

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Upsampled, but this is not the "mqa filter". Recommendation from me has always be the same don't get the D90 MQA version if you don't want MQA. D70s doesn't do the upsampling.
  5. JohnYang1997

The PCM stream is unaltered before the DAC.
  6. JohnYang1997

Balanced DAC without MQA - best performers?

And measurements of D90se showed otherwise. Some implementations of MQA does upsample everything first but it can be avoided.
  7. JohnYang1997

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Then look elsewhere. To my knowledge there's no better device for the price regardless of having MQA or not.
  8. JohnYang1997

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

The published fr is tested with 96khz. So the result is a much flatter response than with 44.1khz. The consideration was that people were caring about the cutoff 22.05khz so f3 was chosen but if we want flat 20khz more then yeah we can put out a new firmware for that.
  9. JohnYang1997

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

...not everyone has the logic power to think this through. Not everyone even cares about it. Most goes: I may or may not use it, but you have to support it. Turning against MQA = turning against customers. Even PS audio is supporting it now. It's this mentality made everything turns into MQA's...
  10. JohnYang1997

Might create a non-MQA version with 20 dollar premium.:p:p:p:p
  11. JohnYang1997

Because it was planned and released earlier? The MQA on EX5 is specified by SHENZHENAUDIO, not us.
  12. JohnYang1997

What I was trying to ask was: Was MQA encoding process make the final audio output worse than CD quality? And by asking this way, it seems we already made agreement that MQA is nowhere near lossless.
  13. JohnYang1997

The idea is how do we prove MQA is better than CD quality at the output of a DAC?
  14. JohnYang1997

D90se does support full decode (not just rendering) from spdif. One can try disabling the MQA setting.
  15. JohnYang1997

How do you get decoded MQA without hardware btw?
  16. JohnYang1997

So what? We should have all accept that this is false.
  17. JohnYang1997

You also talked about MQA's wording. If that applied to MQA same applies to you. You can't have double standard. Be in the clear that's what we were talking about. Onto MQA itself, I used to think it's at least CD quality + extra. About a year ago, I tested it with real music on Tidal through...
  18. JohnYang1997

Gibb’s phenomenon

It's bull crap.
  19. JohnYang1997

No. If his ONLY talks about MQA not being mathematically lossless there would be NO drama. He managed to dragged MQA themselves, TIDAL, Topping, SMSL, Amir under the water. Insanely amount of BS claims, accusations without any evidence. He uses MQA not being lossless as a shield to defend...
Top Bottom