Search results

1. mshenay

Lights, Camera LIGHTS!

Hey so I want to thank you guys for the Photo Flood recommendations, the color temperature is amazing! I was shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here's a sample with very minimal editing but web-optimized and watermark'd
  2. mshenay

A question! What does "Hi-Fi" mean to you and what importance does High Fidelity Music Playback have in your Life?

You've been around long enough and I don't think I've asked yet, what keeps you in the hobby? What do you enjoy about it
  3. mshenay

A question! What does "Hi-Fi" mean to you and what importance does High Fidelity Music Playback have in your Life?

I figured this would be a great place to share my own history as an audiophile and music lover, but I'd also love to hear all of your thoughts on the matter to! An I do understand not every one here will agree or appreciate my take on "Zen-Dac" but I hope you'll still give the video a watch and...
  4. mshenay

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

Hmm I didn't have any issues getting a consistent seal. Tho I don't wear mine every day, still the plush pads are flexible enough and the headband holds a pretty good bit of tension. Still it's good to know others are having a difficult time with seal
  5. mshenay

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

This is the kinda of measurement content that I think we need more of! My impression of these sits in between the Perfect/Thin Armed Glasses curve and I do have thing curved glasses Either way excellent to see this great headphone getting some awesome converge and even more measurements, big...
  6. mshenay

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Dan it's great to see you here, I have always appreciated your Aeon and Ether Series closed backs for that quality in particular. Having heard a lot of gear over the years your headphones have been the only ones I've kept in my collection. I really enjoy both my Ether CX and Aeon 2 Closed I'm...
  7. mshenay

I'll mention I do find the black felt does make a noticeable difference, it pulls out some presence and softens the bass a bit. With the black felt removed you get slightly more textured and impactful sub bass. I felt the filters all kinda smooth the top end bottom ends to much for my tastes...
  8. mshenay

I had an original Aeon Flow Closed and I enjoyed it a lot same as @solderdude I eventually replaced it with an Aeon Flow 2 Closed which has now been replaced by an Ether CX. For me I don't like the added low frequency energy A2C has it's slight U response isn't as enjoyable to my ears as the...
  9. mshenay

Abyss Diana V2 Review (headphone)

All things considered I appreciate your posting your findings using the same scale
  10. mshenay

I do and it's... sufficient. Despite people having little to no issues understanding me Google Voice is some what underwhelming... the irony is I likely spend as much time correcting talk to text I acknowledged I quoted the wrong model but you keep running around not wanting to disclose how...
  11. mshenay

Ahh yes that's the Diana Phi with DMS Pads not the V2, my apologies Wait are you taking headphones measurements with EQ? Surely not, I assume your adding in EQ after taking a raw measurement Also where you able to get a pull without that weird hump midbass hump around 70 hrz if so what does...
  12. mshenay

I think in this case it might be worthwhile to shed some light on how your performed this measurement to get such vastly different results? I mean heck even looking at the above there are a few raw pulls that have that weird 50 hrz hump and sharp roll off but there are others in that don't and...
  13. mshenay

I mentioned specifically low frequencies... which is where your measurements for this headphone seem to deviate the most from other data points and where I and others I know tend to be more sensitive to audible changes Here's a post from 2017 with yet another headphone where I found my self...
  14. mshenay

A metric I've seen and appreciate often is a measurement reflecting fit with a variety of glasses mostly "thick" and "thin" frames, so an exploration into what effect breaking the seal or fit has featuring something many people commonly wear while using headphones
  15. mshenay

Funny enough what your describing is how I and a few others experienced the original AKG K550, the seal was so finicky IF you moved your head around you'd lose the low end entirely... it was terrible and a real shame given how nice the headphone sounded IF you could keep your head still and the...
  16. mshenay

Do you have a picture of that? Like yourself I really enjoy the Ether CX but if I don't get a proper seal with it on my head... I notice it suffers an obvious loss of low frequency energy. An as much as you talk about CX I imagine you too must have taken a short moment to adjust it's fit to...
  17. mshenay

Sequential damage

Little more than just 4 out of 10,000 now. An let's not forget the failures that haven't been posted online yet, a few folks in discord as well as person to person are reporting more failures... I know for my own content I won't be featuring L30 any more as I can't risk product failure...
  18. mshenay

Superlux HD668B Review (headphone)

Thanks for the write up! These are indeed excellent headphones, I did a pad swap on them for better comfort and I always forget that I have them lol but they stay with me as my dedicated 3DS headphones when I don't need a closed back for isolation haha
  19. mshenay

Lights, Camera LIGHTS!

Yea using just Construction Lamps and High Lumen Bulbs I have the same issue as you, a lot of color imbalance. High CRI bulbs and Tungsten are what I'm looking to try next! Along with the umbrella's to help eliminate reflections of the bulb itself on shiny surfaces I should use photo shop more...
Top Bottom