Search results

1. RickSanchez

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Drop started their "Prime Week 2021" sale. Doesn't look like there are huge discounts; that said, they may be discounting items that rarely go on sale. https://drop.com/all-communities/drops/primeday
  2. RickSanchez

Dynaco PAS..Comments please...

You're fine. As you stated early in this thread: You've acknowledged that tubes are your preference -- i.e., you prefer that sound / that look / tinkering with tube equipment / whatever. That's great, we all have our own preferences. (You can imagine what kind of sound I get from my Harman...
  3. RickSanchez

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

If you look on the U.S. site in the Q&A section you'll see that the M1060's have 2.5mm connectors. Apparently they used to have MMCX connectors but made a change to the design a few years ago so now have 2.5mm connectors.
  4. RickSanchez

You're very welcome! :) Great idea to start this thread, I think it's long overdue.
  5. RickSanchez

The Monoprice Monolith M1060 planar magnetic headphones are down to €169.99 (30% off) on monoprice.eu.
  6. RickSanchez

The New King?

Isn't it obvious?
  7. RickSanchez

Zip ties on the Chinese Mars rover?

Correct. The Mars Rover has a similar device: https://mars.nasa.gov/mer/mission/instruments/calibration-targets/
  8. RickSanchez

Need advice for upgrading current DAC.

Pretty standard recommendations around these parts for room measurements ... https://www.roomeqwizard.com/ https://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1
  9. RickSanchez

wich stack ? topping (D30pro+A30pro) , smsl (sh-9 + su-9) or ?

You could also consider a Schiit stack that measures well: DAC: Modius (balanced) $200 Amp: Magnius (balanced) $200 or the IEMagni $120. You can also take a look at these DAC/amp combos.
  10. RickSanchez

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Monoprice is having their “halfway to Black Friday” sale: 15% off site wide for today only, Thursday May 13. (In the U.S.) I’m sure some products are excluded from the offer. Use code HALFWAY2BF.
  11. RickSanchez

Why Aren't There Female Audiophiles?

Agreed! Before Covid I used to volunteer for UT's Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day, along with some other STEM volunteer work I did at the high school level. It was a great way to introduce girls to electronics and other engineering disciplines in fun ways, giving them perspective at an early...
  12. RickSanchez

Sennheiser consumer sellout?

From the article you linked to ... Ooof, getting purchased for less than your annual revenue? That division must have been in bad shape financially.
  13. RickSanchez

USB Audio Switcher?

Welcome to ASR. I think any USB switch would work fine; there's no need for some sort of "audiophile" version. For example: https://www.newegg.com/ugreen-30768-usb/p/1DJ-00JW-00004 It's more than you need, but you get the idea.
  14. RickSanchez

Cheapest "transparent" DAC with balanced output and volume control

Well, the Grace Design Balanced DAC is US ~$150 but it doesn't have any volume control. So it would only work if you have an amp or want to use OS-level volume control. After that, a few ideas: Schiit Modius Balanced ($199) SMSL SU-8 v2 ($212) Soncoz LA-QXD1 ($199)
  15. RickSanchez

Best studio monitor for classical music for 500$

Keep in mind that buying a well-measuring pair of powered speakers does not mean you have to live with the exact performance of those speakers. You can also use software EQ to dial in the FR that sounds best to you. For Windows you can look at Equalizer APO + Peace If you want a more...
  16. RickSanchez

How to set desktop system up?

That setup will work. The SMSL DA 9 is spec'ed at 50Wx2 (8Ω) so that should give you OK power for your B&Ws, although the 84dB sensitivity og the B&Ws isn't great. But one question to ask: do you need the Drop THX 789 in this chain? Are you planning to use headphones? You can go direct from...
  17. RickSanchez

Burson Soloist 3X Performance

Not quite sure I'm following you regarding the statements below, so trying to get your perspective on ASR/measurements. I agree with you: one's perception of music is an emotional experience. That said: This site doesn't measure music; it measurements audio equipment. Would you agree that...
  18. RickSanchez

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

They also make a great variant of this: Christmas Bomb.
  19. RickSanchez

Protecting Memories

So does this cover time dilation? If I'm listening to a CD at almost the speed of light then by the time I've finishing listening to the first track you would have aged 60+ years ... /sarcasm
Top Bottom