Search results

1. N

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

It's going to be quite the challenge to beat the Benchmark THX poweramp. So far nothing has really come close to it.
  2. N

Black Lion Revolution 2x2 Review (Audio Interface)

Thanks for this. These are the most important kind of reviews that save us from making big mistakes.
  3. N

Topping D70s - Playback goes silent randomly

The driver is specific to Windows. The driver fix should only work for those who run a Windows OS. Mac users would need a firmware update.
  4. N

Looks like we have consensus on the problem. Make sure to download the latest firmware after purchasing.
  5. N

Ah, that might explain why I don't get this issue. I never use MQA. I hope you get this issue fixed.
  6. N

Strange. How long did you listen before it glitched? I haven't had this issue, but I wonder if it only happens after a certain amount of time.
  7. N

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

I have had neither of those issues, but I also practice the industry standard order of powering up and powering down a system due to years of it being drilled in my head. On is from source to output. Off is from output to source. So I have never had the chance to hear it because I turn on my...
  8. N

Since they all perform similarly, you might as well just get the cheapest. I think the SU9 or X16 are the two cheapest on this list. Unless there are specific features and functions you are looking for, don't worry about it, because they are all great products. I got the D70s because I...
  9. N

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

So I just looked it up on the website, and it does specifically say that the preamp gain over 0 is digital gain and not an analog preamp. So it's still very useful if you are playing music that was mastered quietly or if you are running an eq that limits some of your headroom, but the max...
  10. N

Matrix Audio X-SABRE Pro MQA: Best Audio DAC in the World?

In preamp mode 0dB is still 4.5vrms. Going above 0dB is going above 4.5vrms. You can also very easily check this by running it briefly at line level and then switching to preamp mode and listening for a difference in the volume you can get. That's the best way to be sure. 18dB is a lot, and...
  11. N

I didn't say anything about "in my living-room" or "a home audio system". I have not measured speakers for at-home listening. The ones which changed dramatically are a pair of Presonus Eris8 xt monitors used for monitoring broadcast audio and typically run at 78dB peak. And I agree with you. We...
  12. N

I'm not really into the debate thing. There is literature you can find online along with the relevant mathematical formulas to calculate room expansion and contraction as well as the thermal expansion of the speakers. The physics of humidity affecting sound is also well researched. I haven't...
  13. N

What kind of "burn in" are you referencing? Transducer burn-in is very real, and I have measured it on several occasions. (Pro tip: re-do your room EQ every couple months or so after getting new speakers till the drivers stabilize. Also re-do the eq when the weather significantly changes as...
  14. N

By your own admission, test conditions were not identical. The D70s has a higher voltage output at line level than the D90. But this detail doesn't matter. You have a product that you enjoy, and you have no need to change it.
  15. N

Measurements of Topping D70s Dual 4497 DAC

I've had this for a few days now, and I really like it. It has all the features I want. I find it extremely easy to use for my purposes, and the sound is great. It's amazing this uses the same chips as D70 and is so much improved in every way.
  16. N

Turns out the Bluetooth thing was user error. It actually connects very easily and is stable. No complaints. Five stars.
  17. N

5vrms is about +16dBu. As long as you have the right setting, you should be fine. I've had the d70s for a few days now, and I like it. My only complaint is that I have problems connecting via Bluetooth. Everything else about it is great.
  18. N

With the levels shown in the measurement, I doubt you would notice any jitter issue unless you have some really amazing golden ears and an extremely revealing speaker and/or headphone system. And even then, it's questionable if it would be at enough of a level to notice when you weren't...
  19. N

Lol, the way my brain works at all is a miracle. I just noticed you were responding to your own post. I am terrible at noticing who posted what.
  20. N

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

SMSL has stated that there will likely never be a software update. Also, I don't know why anyone would want a software update except for possibly adding new color options for the menu or maybe adding screensavers or wallpaper. . . Actually that would be cool. Maybe that is a good argument to...
Top Bottom