Search results

1. V

Review and Measurements of Okto DAC8 8Ch DAC & Amp

You can use dac8pro for stereo inputs, thought the AES.
  2. V

The New King?

DAC90SE have independent 8 analog stages that are then merged into 4+4 to create 2 channels output, right ? So the topology does not sound that far from an 8 channels output device, isn'it ?
  3. V

some people tried ... it seems not that easy https://www.avsforum.com/threads/the-inconvenient-truth-about-spdif-input.1121367/page-11
  4. V

This is the thread of the dac8pro so I would expect to use the 8 channels
  5. V

Are you aware of such a board with does the 8 channels outputs ? So having SCK, BCK, LACK and DATA1, DATA2, DATA3, DATA4 (for each pairs of outputs) and then 4 SPDIF/AES outputs. Because having 4 such boards will be probably too expensive + problem of not enough rooms inside the AVR
  6. V

You can find old cinema dolby digital decoders with output 4 spdif/aes for 300-500$ (but only dolby digital and not dolby digital plus, but many sources can reencode into dolby digital) Another option is using a decoder in the source (like bluray or set top boxes) which output to 7.1 LPCM HDMI...
  7. V

yes, search for toslink to AES converter. note that optical input would just be stereo, it will not decode dolby digital 5.1 stream.
  8. V

The cost is not linear by number of channels. The ESS9028PRO chip has 8 channels, so providing 6 channels instead of 8 would just remove 2 output buffers on the PCB and 2 XLR connectors, so not that much components, and everything else would stay the same (ie inputs, transformer, cases, etc...)...
  9. V

It is aes3 https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/okto-8-owner%E2%80%99s-thread.13899/post-667166
  10. V

50 euros * 4 XLR = 200e just for an adapter to a 1200e machine, that sounds very prohibitive. I understood the meridian have 4 AES on its RJ45 output, so I will try to solder my own cable. But all of that takes time.
  11. V

I have meridian hd621 and dac8pro. I use spdif meridian output to an spdif to xlr adapter to the dac8pro. I have a dropout every 5-10 second or so. So it is not usable. So I assume the spdif signal level of the meridian is not enough for the dac8pro AES input. The meridian spdif output to...
  12. V

New IOTAVX 17-Channel Home-Cinema AV Processor

Standards for wireless multi-channels audio are very recents. Dante is one standard, used in the professional world. Only the expensive JBL processor uses it.
  13. V

I was talking about hardware upgrades. A new version of HDMI requires a new HDMI input/output board.
  14. V

But you cannot have an official 4K HDR source displayed through displayPort, like netflix or disney plus. The content creator requires HDCP 2.2 for that, and that is supported only on HDMI 2.0+. VRR is an HDMI standard, not a displayport one. HDMI 2.1 VRR is still a buggy standard, there are...
  15. V

PC and laptops have less and less displayport and more and more either HDMI or just USB-C. A displayport to HDMI adapter costs a few dozens of dollars, same for USB-C to HDMI, this is not a big issue. This just protect you from having to trash your AVR in the bin when a new HDMI standard will...
  16. V

This is a switch with 2 outputs which means both devices needs to support hdmi2.0b+hdcp2.2 to have 4k HDR with lossless audio. This switch is doing an audio extraction to send just the audio to the second HDMI (with a black 1080p video signal to be compliant with HDMI) which is just an...
  17. V

eARC is again another protocol, you need a recent TV and a recent AVR to have it working. So again changing everything because of the always changing HDMI.
  18. V

Arc is so buggy, many incompatibilities, and you cannot get lossless audio with it. I think arc was an error from the industry. They should have put an HDMI output from TVs, instead of making this broken standard in place. Arc is one of the reason people have to change their AVRs, it is part of...
  19. V

AVR does not need to support an always changing HDMI spec. They just have to process multi-channel audio, which HDMI 1.3 can perfectly support (LPCM 7.1). Most high end TVs have a very good video scaling engine, no need to use one of the AVR. In fact, video signal should not pass through the...
  20. V

What is the point of doing DAC -> ADC -> DAC ? You are applying a transformation in the middle like EQ or room correction ?
Top Bottom