Search results

1. P

Advice for pc setup (salk songsurround 1 + yamaha a-s501?)

When I said I lost track, all I meant was I forgot if you wanted any particular inputs or anything like that. Certainly anything that strikes your fancy is perfectly OK!
  2. P

I have lost track a little on what features you want, but take a look at the new PowerNode (shipping in July). It has a headphone jack (unlike Sonos Amp), and also crossover functionality for bass management. More money, but looks very nice. https://www.bluesound.com/products/powernode/
  3. P

That Yamaha R N303 really has a lot of nice features. [edit] but missing subwoofer output?! The line output is fixed volume not a preamp output. So to connect a sub you would have to use a speaker level connection. I still wouldn't rule it out if your sub has speaker level input. Nice that...
  4. P

Things that are Just Wrong

Yeah... but on the other hand most of these guys look better with the bun https://twistedsifter.com/2015/11/if-politicians-had-man-buns/
  5. P

Pls help to integrate sub with genelec 8030c

My understanding is the main or initial thing OP wants to address is not being able to get an even response from the sub playing by itself.
  6. P

Things that are Just Wrong

7. P

I re-read the room description and I did not realize the sub was to the side. So something like this? In that case it seems the sub null could be from ceiling or opposing wall reflections, maybe even the side walls (relative to sub). I think it would be useful for the OP to know the likely...
  8. P

I am not following your calculation. You need heights of ear and driver, and listening distance, to make the direct and reflected triangle, right?
  9. P

To me it looks like floor and ceiling nulls can all be pushed up high enough. Though I have to say I have never tried this. Maybe I'll mess with it out of curiosity. Anyway running the numbers in the SBIR calc, 40hz does not look like it would be a floor or ceiling bounce. Although myybe I...
  10. P

Using the OP dimensions, it looks like you can get the floor and ceiling nulls above 100 Hz if you raise the sub height:
  11. P

If you move it up in freq then you might be able to cross over below the problem. However, checking on a reflection calculator 40Hz seems low for a vertical bounce.
  12. P

What is wrong with raising off the floor? Just put them on concrete blocks or similar for testing whether changing height makes a difference. How is this different than fiddling with moving to another x-y location?
  13. P

Is putting the subwoofer on a stand an option? Have you tried playing with the sub height?
  14. P

HDMI audio extractor with TOSLINK and 24/192 support

Do these generally just work without any problems? I just want to get sound from a chromecast video device that is plugged into a TV with no audio outputs. So Ok to just buy the cheapest one I can find on Amazon? edit: I found an article on extracting from Chromecast video thing...
  15. P

Audiolab 6000CDT experience

The Sony X800 is quiet. I bought this on recommendation in this thread, noise of the mechanism being my main concern: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/using-inexpensive-dvd-player-as-transport-for-an-external-dac.7315/
  16. P

Salk Speakers

Don't trust the panther. You can't blast the WOW1 with bass. Your speakers are not limited by a single tiny woofer. I high-pass the WOW1 as Amir recommended. From his conclusions: I had to boost the frequency of my low frequency cut to 40 Hz to a) reduce bass distortion and b) improve the...
  17. P

Salk Speakers

For better or worse, buying Salk speakers is kind of a leap of faith. Most come out happy for it I think. I have a pair of the little WOW1 and love them. Try to find used ones; it might give you an idea how Salk speakers are valued by their owners.
  18. P

Qobuz genres are FUBAR

Ha ha, maybe that is part of it. But I doubt Will Kimbrough considers himself a pop artist {just a guess, from meeting him].
  19. P

Qobuz genres are FUBAR

Bettye Swann is a hip hop artist? Just one example. I noticed a lot of my favorites have head scratching classification. I thought the French were tuned into African American music [ducking my head]. Really though, I have a small part of me wanting to switch to Tidal because they get this...
  20. P

Low Frequencies and Their Effects

I am affected by the moon cycle. I live with my wife and two young adult daughters. edit: relative to the thread high frequency. The mood swing does seem quite frequent.
Top Bottom