Search results

1. DHT 845

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

I suppose 1 or 2 decoupling cap in proper place would solve the issue
  2. DHT 845

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

The d70s is great choice, believe me. Double AK4497 rulez !!! :)
  3. DHT 845

Design monobkock amplifiers with great midrande weight and density, please !
  4. DHT 845

He didnt compare d90se to d70s, just said that d90se is not thin.... That it will be very detaled I knew. But does it posses the same midrange body as d70s I slighly doubt... I believe d90se is great But not for me. It is just good implemented sabre dac with clever output stage.
  5. DHT 845

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

Another positive D70s "subjective" review, now by Srboljub (8) Topping D70s MQA DAC review - Can it justify its $650 price tag? - YouTube
  6. DHT 845

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

I'm curious whether it is a good idea to use LRS just for midrande 200 Hz - 2000 kHz in DIY project speakers and what tweeter to use for best integration... ?
  7. DHT 845

Double sabre you have lks audio / musetec, top accuphase dac, But what is more important is that sabre is analitical, with great depth and precision, akm is more musical. Both are great, sabre for electronic music rocks but with akm it is not bad as well. Actually it's just different. What I...
  8. DHT 845

D90S is one chip design.
  9. DHT 845

The Truth Pre Amp Review

Stupid money? How about Robert Koda Takumi K-15 preamp and many others. How much can you bully a device for $1000?
  10. DHT 845

Benchmark AHB2 / Class D Purifi Eigentakt / Mark Levinson 333 - Listening impression & Conclusion

That is not true, compare old Jeff Rowland amp with low damping factor to new Hegel amp with high damping factor and yoy will notice what is the point... Paradoxally low damping is more "musical". I know, that is "audiophile nonsense..." :)
  11. DHT 845

Benchmark AHB2 / Class D Purifi Eigentakt / Mark Levinson 333 - Listening impression & Conclusion

I talked the same when I had class D amp. It was great. Fantastic, clean etc. But I listened less ans less music with it. I am not prejudice. When I find class D amp that I could live with longer time, I will buy it, they are cheap. I lately bought class AB solid state monos (DIY project) that I...
  12. DHT 845

Ok. pace and rhythm or PRAT factor is perceived speed or attack. There are big differences in that among amps. How it is possible? I will explain. When amp has very high dumping factor it grips the speaker driver firmly, thus bass stops fast and do not go deeper due to inertia (opposite is loose...
  13. DHT 845

Very common sound characteristic of class D is being lean on male vocals, fast pace and rhythm (but with too nervous and one-note bass). Some class D amps have a litttle roll-off highest transients (but not every, there are big differences among class D amps in that), narrow stage is standard...
  14. DHT 845

Class D FAQ

Class D sucks! :)
  15. DHT 845

The Truth Pre Amp Review

IMO this is the most interesting preamp to measure, also known as MBL 6010d clone, but it is not 1:1 copy in fact Balanced Preamplifier RCA XLR 10x NE5534D 4x NE5532D ALPS Potentiometer with Remote Control - Audiophonics Original MBL 6010d measurements are superb, price ab. $20.000 MBL 6010...
  16. DHT 845

New Member from France : my system in picture!

But please, just don't eat the frogs there man :p
  17. DHT 845

Help With New DAC For Benchmark HPA4

Hello, topping. "Market" is asking.... :) From the business point of view you just start to eat your own tail by adding more and more quality DAC's. And there is shortage of state of the art power amps on the market. Not including class D there is none in reasonable price! Benchmark AHB2 is...
  18. DHT 845

Relationship between objective and subjective DAC quality?

too many variables in this equation for me, and finally subjective perception as the deciding factor
Top Bottom