Search results for query: headphone amp review

1. amirm

JDS Atom Amp 2 Headphone Amplifier Review

This is a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the JDS Labs Atom Amp 2 headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $129. The solid metal case makes an instant impression, erasing memories of the plastic case of the previous generation. A white LED...
  2. amirm

Schiit Midgard Headphone Amp Review (Video)

Here is the companion video review of the Schiit Midgard headphone amplifier. It is rather short (for me :) ) at 15 minutes. If you haven't subscribed, please go to youtube and do so. Videos are not monetized but we need to make sure our voice travels as far as the ones that are.
  3. Another Bob

FS/US: Massdrop THX AAA 789 Headphone Amp - $120 shipped

For sale (US only): Massdrop THX AAA 789 headphone amp. ASR review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-massdrop-thx-aaa-789-amp.5001/ Like new condition. No functional issues. Comes in original box with all original packing material.
  4. amirm

SMSL VMV P2 Headphone Amp Review

This is a review, detailed measurements and listening tests of SMSL VMV P2 balanced stereo headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $999. The design follows the new look of the VMV D2R DAC. I am not a big fan of the new look but maybe you are. Nice to see the three...
  5. amirm

Schiit KARA Preamp and Headphone Amp Review

This is a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the Schiit KARA balanced preamplifier and headphone amp with stepped relay control. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $699. Oh wait... that is the picture of our dog, Kara! :D Here is the Schiit version: As I have...
  6. fountain

Best Portable DAC/AMP for HD600 (300ohms)

I'm between these two: TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tanchjim-space-portable-headphone-adapter-review.46231/ TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp...
  7. Z

Combo amo dac for th900 fostex

Hello, Could you please recommend any dac plus amp (combo also allowed) for fostex th900? I know it should be easy to drive due to low impedance I was thinking to buy: Rme dac fs Topping dx3pro+ / dx5? Topping a70pro with d70pro combo (overkill?) After reading review of woo audio wa7 it is...
  8. amirm

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

This is a review, listening tests and detailed measurements of the Schiit Midgard balanced headphone amplifier and preamp. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $219. While I am not a fan of the symbols Schiit uses instead of proper labels, there are only two to learn which is no big...
  9. D

Suggestions for a headphone amp?

Hi, First time posting here, so hopefully this is in the right place. I'm planning on buying a headphone amp to use with my audio interface, a focusrite clarett 8. The headphone amp on this is ok at best, so I would like to use an external one to get a better performance. I will be using it...
  10. B

Headphone Amp/DAC Combo: Head Spin

Hi all. Mostly been studying the Toppings, Sabaj, and SMSL. Gotta say, the subtle features and upgrades/chips can make one's head spin (hence the title). I've opened and closed so many of the reviews from the index, I figured maybe some of you would be willing to weigh in. What I would ideally...
  11. Saturn94

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Drop + DCA Aeon Closed X Headphones (based on ASR review of RT Aeon) JDS Labs Atom Amp+ headphone amp A year later, I’m still thrilled with the performance of this combo! :)
  12. amirm

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

This is a review, listening tests, EQ and detailed measurements of the HIFIMAN Susvara Planar Magnetic Headphone. It was kindly drop shipped by a member and costs US $6,000. Owner was advised that the Benchmark AHB2 power amplifier would be the right device to power it so I tested it with that...
  13. formdissolve

SOLD: SMSL SP400 Balanced THX Headphone Amp/Preamp - $329 OBO shipped to CONUS

Up for sale is a nice condition SMSL SP400, which I've owned for a little over a year. It's in excellent condition with a few minor scuffs on top due to me placing a DAC on top of it (the M400 sister), everything works (all inputs and outputs tested). Lots of clean power! Amirm tested it a few...
  14. P

Moondrop May USB-C Headphones Review

Hello! This is a review and measurements of the new Moondrop May headphones. This is my personal pair and it costs US $65. I have been browsing ASR for a while now, but I have never posted anything here. I decided to write my very first review on this budget friendly USB-C DAC and headphone...
  15. pma

Topping DX5 DAC/headphone amplifier - Mini Review

The Topping DX5 is a desktop class DAC/headphone amplifier all-in-one device. It is delivered in a nice box with quite significant texture. The front side has two headphone outputs in the form of a 4-pin XLR and 6.3 mm TRS, both for single-ended connections. In the middle is...
  16. staticV3

Sabaj a20h vs L30ii - with E30 DAC & Denon 5200 Headphones

No you don't need a balanced headphone cable. Balanced headphone output doesn't improve sound quality. If you want to ensure perfect channel balance at all times, then you can either get a DAC+Amp AIO (DX3Pro+, etc), since those almost always use digital volume control, or if you want to keep...
  17. CottonCandyLover

features filters for the advanced review search function

I was looking for a headphone amp today and tried to use the search function. Filtering by Sinad was not very useful to me, because the good modern headphone amps peform pretty much flawless in the audible range. I would have loved to filter for the features I would want in my amp: - internal...
  18. Brian Hall

Best headphones in the $500-$800ish range?

I don't know. Never saw a need to upgrade. They sound perfect to me with a little bit of EQ and a good headphone amp. Here is Amir's review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/sennheiser-hd650-review-headphone.18774/
  19. E

What electronic audio products you want tested most

I would like reviews of tws iems
  20. amirm

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

This is a review, listening tests, and detailed measurements of Fosi Audio SK02 USB powered DAC and balanced headphone amplifier. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $99.99 (€99.00). The SK02 is excellently designed. Having it horizontal gives comfortable access to the rotary volume...
Top Bottom