Search results

1. R

The Truth Pre Amp Review

It looks like the left rotary button is placed lower than the other ?!?
  2. R

Is Spotify darker than lossless?

Right. I probably used standard quality. Getting to think about it: my aim was to test the frequency response of an amplifier I was working on. The curve I measured at it outputs using the test tones on Spotify as its inputs wasn't flat. This triggered me to test the frequency response of the...
  3. R

Is Spotify darker than lossless?

I recently checked some ‘audio test tones’ that are on Spotify using a strobe. Above 15kHz they flatlined. Perhaps that does explain it?
  4. R

Stupid mistakes big companies make on specs, brochures or websites. Doh!

I just came across a consumer-to-consumer ad of an amp with this photo attached. Wonder how that will sound when it is demoed:
  5. R

KEF's new Metamaterial Absorption Technology

I've combined the LS50 vs the LS50 Meta measurements from https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/ in one image:
  6. R

KEF LS50 Upgrade

Kef LS50 Meta anechoic measurements: https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2421:nrc-measurements-kef-ls50-meta-loudspeakers&catid=77:loudspeaker-measurements&Itemid=153 Seems pretty good, at first sight!
  7. R

Bowers & Wilkins 805S Bookshelf Speaker Review

Look nice but what is the significance when it is equalized using a dsp? Relevant would be a measurement from an anechoic room or a nearfield measuring device.
  8. R

Denon DA-500 Vintage R2R DAC Review

But how would it perform using an audiophile mains cable? ;)
  9. R

You mean, similar to what the Nautilus manual says “less smooth response with the grill removed” or what the S manual says (nothing about the smoothness - i.e. dispersion? )? The Nautilus has a crossover at 3 kHz, the S at 4 kHz (says amirm), would that explain that from the S on, smoothness is...
  10. R

@amirm tested with the magnetic grill of the tweeter removed. B&W recommends to keep it on, for better dispersion (at least that is what the 805N manual states).
  11. R

Its predecessor, the 805N has the crossover frequency at 3000Hz (according to Stereophile), iso 4000Hz. Wonder why that might be...
  12. R

Intona USB 3.0 Isolator Review

Still, it probably will help fix SQ issues when there is a ground loop over USB (as I experience with my NUC; regardless the DAC I use: SQ problems manifest themselves when using the phono input on the amp ; regardless the amp I use). But as Amirm shows; it will not magically solve problems you...
  13. R

Source computer's HUGE effect on fidelity

Regardless all the sarcasm (?): I experience degraded sound (when using my turntable!?) that appears to be caused by the computer and USB connections with both DACs I own (Topping D10 and Musical FIdelity V-DAC) don't solve (unless using the D10 as a USB to optical converter).
  14. R

USB isolator

I experienced a buzz issue caused by USB. It manifested itself in a buzz over the phono preamp (!). It happened regardless the DAC (tested a Musical Fidelity VDac and the internal DAC of the NAD D3020). I solved it by adding this USB optocoupler...
  15. R

ifi micro iUSB3.0 USB Filter Review

When I connect my NUC that runs Daphile to the amp (NAD D3020) using USB, I get some noise (ground loop buzz?) over the AUX1 line that I use to connect a turntable using a Pro-ject preamp. You can imagine it took some time before I found out that the connected computer caused the problems I...
  16. R

What are we listening to right now..

Cuarteto Leonor http://www.cuartetoleonor.es/ ; The String Quartet in Spain in the 19th Century, cd ripped to Daphile.
  17. R

Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC and Streamer Review

But they misspell ”Eigentakt” :p
  18. R

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

If this memory effect of coils that Bruno refers to is a significant thing it means we should change how we test audio gear. Testing is now done in a very static way. A static test, like for example an IMD test, would not make the memory effect visible since we don't alter the frequencies of...
  19. R

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

In theory, it might be fairly easy to achieve these extreme low THD results in ASR measurements. Since Geshelli know how Amir tests they could have created a device that ingests opposite phase harmonics for a 1K Hz test tone. This way the distortion at 1 K Hz could be nullified. Perhaps retest...
Top Bottom