Search results

1. R

Marantz AV7705 Home Theater Processor Review

Yes it does. Tag McLaren dac20 + audiolab 8000q
  2. R

Ignore the people saying a avr wth room correction will sound better than a analogue stereo that is basically a switch and pre amp. My stereo analogue pre amp outclasses the AV pre by a mile, it simply sounds better, wider and higher soundstage
  3. R

Denon AVR-X4700 AVR Review (Updated)

Considering his much you spent a system just get a proper one they're about £20. I've got a radio shack...it's a one time purchase I've had it 20 years. Useful for manual level calibration as I found auto matic one a few dB out
  4. R

Buy a sound pressure meter too get an idea what spl levels you're listening to...don't go over a specific dB otherwise get hearing damage and tinnitus
  5. R

New IOTAVX 17-Channel Home-Cinema AV Processor

That's why I think av pre should be audio only, like older ones you used coaxial from dvd to av pre, then s-video or component from dvd to TV...if you upgrade tv to component what the av pre has or hasn't got for video doesn't make a difference
  6. R

Lol my two channel system sounds great.
  7. R

So basically all daps are worthless shit?

Happy with my sansa clip+ and river h140 with SD card mod. Seen those stupid expensive daps £2000 like wtf
  8. R

The other issue is older spec HDMI has planned obselence, second hand value is zilch. I bet a £10,000 av pre that is hdmi 1.4 or hdmi 2.0 has lost a considerable amount of value, the gap between 2.0 and 2.1 is mostly for 120hz and latest gen consoles. Still that's enough to put fair number of...
  9. R

Yamaha RX-V6A 7.2 channel 4K / 8K Dolby AV Receiver Review

What the hell with pre out voltag can't even manage 1 volt?
  10. R

Stereo downmixing through an AVR - effective or add a centre channel?

Mixing multi channel down to stereo on my av pre works fine, but I don't have a Denon. I would recommend having a good quality center speaker, ideally matching from the same range, or if the one from the same range is sucky, go up the range to a better one
  11. R

Pretty sure the app only works on newer models 04,05 and 06 not 03. So room EQ does full range can't limit it
  12. R

StormAudio ISP 16 MK2 Review (AV Processor)

Are these (and noticed a few other makes) a pc, like trinnov has pc backplate. Presume micro ATX or smaller? Would like to see internal photos of these "pc av pre" to see what they're done to standard pc motherboard
  13. R

Suggestions. Pre or AVR

If I were to buy a av pre, it would be the monoprice htp-1 or anthem avm70
  14. R

Denon AVR-X3600H AV Receiver Review

I had similar issues with squeezebox and accessing Nas with Lms. Sorted after setting static ip for the Nas and squeezebox es
  15. R

That's the problem with hdmi it goes out of date faster than shell fishfish, and previous hdmi spec avr and av pre depreciate so much.
  16. R

I think there is more to it than simply just power. My avr sounded awful driving 4ohm speakers, small room With dedicated power bass tightened up. Power was about the same but the power amp had huge psu and heftier components
  17. R

Which multichannel music upmixer do you like ?

Lexicon logic 7 music surround
  18. R

Arcam AVR850 Home Theater AVR Review

I'd say not worth it all, since yours has decent amps.
  19. R

Arcam AVR850 Home Theater AVR Review

Your amp has 110w with 7 channels driven so only worthwhile upgrade would be 200w...if you need that much power, typically 100w is plenty
  20. R

Denon AVR-X6700H Home Theater AVR Review

Avrs have generally poor power output figures. The Yamaha's are not great in this, all channels driven is very low yours is probably 50w per channel. They're ok with two channels driven Marantz and Denon have better amp stages. Me I have 200w X 7 all channels driven into 8 ohm, or 300w x7 into...
Top Bottom