Search results

1. staticV3

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

Driving the K712 Pro with the 9038D at 100% will result in: 2.8Vrms (voltage limit of 9038D) 41mA RMS (~90mA RMS is the 9038D's current limit) 105dB SPL ergo, current is not the problem here. Edit: the Amp's Zout doesn't affect the AKG's frequency response either, so that's also not a factor.
  2. staticV3

The K712 Pro does not need all that much current. It needs ample voltage though.
  3. staticV3

Anker and Ravpower are both nice imo
  4. staticV3

The Y-splitter needs no special phone to function. It'll work with all type-C phones, tablets, and PCs. It is configured so that you must have an external power supply plugged in. Otherwise it wouldn't work properly. If you're looking for a short C-C cable to go along with a Y-splitter, then...
  5. staticV3

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

When connected to your PC, foobar will control its own software volume, the native Windows 10 volume slider will control the 2.1's UAC2 hardware volume, and HPToy will control the 2.1's DSP chip volume.
  6. staticV3

Topping BC3 Review (Bluetooth Receiver) & BT CODECs

The Fiio BTA30 should allow you to transmit from a PC via LDAC to a Bluetooth receiver, but it's not cheap.
  7. staticV3

The 9038D uses a USB 2.0 Type-C jack. A 2.0 A to C cable would not affect performance.
  8. staticV3

THX Onyx Review (headphone adapter)

As you can see from the first measurement of this review, the Onyx outputs 2Vrms under no load (=plugged into an external Amp). That is precisely line level for RCA DACs. That being said, I'd be surprised if the A90 couldn't handle a fair bit more than 2Vrms on its RCA inputs.
  9. staticV3

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

You can use whatever DAC+ADC combination you want in Windows 10. You just have to select them in the Sound Control Panel.
  10. staticV3

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

Crinacle has measured both:
  11. staticV3

The THD menu isn't all that difficult actually. The first screen () allows you to set up three different THD settings, which will be applied depending on the 9038D's current hardware volume. The three zones are nice if you have the right equipment and you want to optimize distortion across the...
  12. staticV3

The 9038D uses a regular old stereo TRS jack. Inline controls or microphones are not supported because the 9038Q2M DAC chip inside the 9038D is a desktop-grade component designed purely for D->A performance. It simply doesn't support creature comforts like that. Lastly, please be aware that...
  13. staticV3

ddHiFi TC44B Review (Headphone Adapter)

So is it safe to assume that the dongle will not exceed 2Vrms no matter the impedance then?
  14. staticV3

Hmm, question is what is this Dual configuration? Is it a mode that has to be activated?
  15. staticV3

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

It looks like you scaled down the image by quite a bit to save bandwidth. That makes it pretty difficult to read the switches' labels and positions. Could you please try keeping your photos at, or close to the original resolution and instead use this web tool for image compression...
  16. staticV3

This review has shown that the TC44B outputs 2Vrms at 33, 300, and 200,000 Ω. While output voltage at 600 Ω hasn't been tested, it's highly unlikely that it sporadically doubles at that load and just at that load.
  17. staticV3

Drop + THX Panda Review (headphone)

2^x=1000/68 gives me x=3.878321. that times 6 equals 23.269926. plus 94 makes 117.269926 [dBSPL/Vrms]. Your method gives nearly the same result, but in a more elegant way. Thanks!
  18. staticV3

Drop + THX Panda Review (headphone)

@solderdude I've was wondering how to convert Amir's mVrms/94dBSPL spec to dBSPL/1Vrms, but I think I figured it out: [Amir's mV]*2^x=1000 ->solve for x x*6 add result to 94 Is that correct? Is there perhaps an easier way?
  19. staticV3

Fantastic! Thank you so much for your help. I've updated the spreadsheet. Just one question: was it the Meenova cable that you tested or the Meenova adapter?
Top Bottom