Search results

1. JoachimStrobel

Which multichannel music upmixer do you like ?

Jazzgroove.com has a Mch radio stream that uses Penteo together with the Orban processor. Sounds great.
  2. JoachimStrobel

JazzGroove Multichannel Radio

Since years I am looking for a streaming service or a radio that sends Multichannel streams, preferably Jazz. Yesterday may dream came true: I discovered JazzGroove: https://jazzgroove.org This is a great Jazzstation even without Multichannel stream - but they do Multichannel too. Their Mix1...
  3. JoachimStrobel

Apple lossless official announcement

Thanks for that, very informative. I tried Tidal for a while because of their Atmos offering. I hoped, that there would be a Mch base that I could simply play by feeding the PC’s HDMI output into my Oppo103. That did work. Either because there was no Mch base nowhere in those Atmos files or...
  4. JoachimStrobel

Digital vs Vinyl

For me having been a young audiophile during the 70s it was always clear that vinyl is a huge problem. People making tape recordings at home from live or properly taped concerts broadcasted via FM always knew that this was much better than vinyl. People became desperate and developed tangential...
  5. JoachimStrobel

Apple lossless official announcement

Are you sure - source?
  6. JoachimStrobel

Review: ProStudioMasters High-res Music Distribution Service

I can not see any Mch titles. Oh je, 21st Century and still on Stereo...
  7. JoachimStrobel

Some comments from Floyd Toole about room curve targets, room EQ and more

This goes much beyond the „house“ curve which just happens to illuminate the issue.
  8. JoachimStrobel

.... sugarcoating. The same can be said about Sweet dessert. And yes, the low frequency part of the untrained people‘s preferred curve is almost identical to the FletcherHenderson curve at 70-80 dB. Again, the said Diagramm is a testimony that we do have a two-tier audio market. And the Forum...
  9. JoachimStrobel

Sennheiser consumer sellout?

Whatever „skills“ means.
  10. JoachimStrobel

I have commented that room curve in another thread in a quite impolite way and try again here: Why is it that untrained listeners want 10 dB more treble and bass? Can people that know the details comment on these untrained listeners? Otherwise, is it not bizarre to exclude those listener‘s taste...
  11. JoachimStrobel

Improve Raspberry 4 streamer

Hifiberry argues, that an internal DAC minimizes digital conversions https://www.hifiberry.com/blog/techtalk-external-dacs/ They may have point. On the other side, an Apple USB-C 3.5mm DAC is cool and minimalistic. Everything between these solutions carries the danger of approaching the glamour...
  12. JoachimStrobel

Pro-ject Phono Box DS2 USB Phono Stage Review

I meant digital room correction, feeding the ADC signal into a NanoAvr via HDMI.
  13. JoachimStrobel

What is your favorite house curve

While it is not possible to boost frequencies above 13 kHz by 30db or more for compensation, a more gentle boost of 6-10 dB at 11 kHz or 4-6 at 9 kHz is doable with some loudspeakers. That will not bring back the hearing capacity of younger years but a taste of it which suffices at least in my...
  14. JoachimStrobel

Tinnitus

If that works, then one could try the same with REW and a microphone and Roon (or any other combo). First checking the Tinnitus by adjusting the threshold volume for a range of frequencies while checking the level with a microphone. And then designing a filter that would further reduce the...
  15. JoachimStrobel

An audio engineer explains why Dolby Atmos Music is “definitely going to supersede stereo”

Failed like. .... we had huge difficulties reproducing audio through ever complex MC system’s needles, loudspeakers were just so becoming useful, Dolby finally allowed noise free tape mastering, color tv with over 400 lines worked and showed the moon buggy - and yet, to achieve even higher...
  16. JoachimStrobel

An audio engineer explains why Dolby Atmos Music is “definitely going to supersede stereo”

Atmos or Mch simply needs a streaming channel - or a Qobuz/Tidal add-on for xx€.
  17. JoachimStrobel

Looks fantastic. Is there a way that Atmos or any other Mch system could reproduce or at least use such a microphone setup?
  18. JoachimStrobel

I believe you need a lot of speakers only to recreate the correct room reverberation. It is a lot of effort for that purpose which is probably nullified by room modes.
  19. JoachimStrobel

A Deep Dive into HDMI Audio Performance

My understanding is, that this is not possible, audio over HDMI needs a video as carrier so that interleaving is possible. It is a bit a shame that we are back to Hi8 technology there. Having no dedicated HDMI-Audio mode even in the latest version while not allowing Mch without HDCP sounds...
Top Bottom