Search results

1. DWPress

Guide: Computer Active XO, multi channel (or not) and EQ/DRC/DSP (Mac & PC systemwide)

For the past 10+ years I've been working with my evolving system set up of 3 way speakers with active crossovers + subs. Initially, I went with an external MiniDSP 4x10 to keep things simplified and lower my learning curve. But last summer my MiniDSP board fried and I was faced with the dire...
  2. DWPress

New QRD stepped Diffsorbers

I had some time waiting for materials for another project so decided to work in the wood shop for a day. I had a bunch of 3x12x36" cork insulation panels (like these) from a barn salvage so I set up the table saw with a dado blade and went to work. Subjectively they've opened up the soundstage a...
  3. DWPress

Amp suggestion for active XO ribbon tweeters

Since I've recently ordered a Okto dac8 Pro I'm looking to find a suitable amp to drive the tweeter portion of my active XO system. So balanced inputs are preferred and no need for more than 20-30 watts which would give ample headroom. The tweeters are Fountek NeoCD3.5H with 95.5dB...
  4. DWPress

FS: MSB MVC-1 Eight Channel Volume Control

For your consideration before it goes to fleabay. This is the version with the unbalanced RCA connections, 8 in/8 out. Comes with remote and power supply. Attenuation: -70 DB TO +10 DB in 1 DB steps, each channel can be adjusted separately for trim and lots of other options. 120 db...
  5. DWPress

DAC suggestion with USB input and coax or optical out?

My Topping D10 is starting to act weird on me disconnecting from my Mac Mini and will only stabilize again after leaving it unplugged for a bit but it's starting to happen with more and more frequency. I've been using it between the computer and my MiniDSP 4x10 via coax out to bypass the...
  6. DWPress

FS: PS Audio 6.2 preamplifier, HLLY AMK-II preamp, Crown XLS1500 amp

PS Audio 6.2 pre: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-Audio-6-2-Stereo-Preamplifier-straightwire-direct-coupled-Minty/274306877067 super nice HLLY: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274306917804 4 RCA inputs, remote, master volume control Crown: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274306940399 DriveCore, 300 watts RMS x...
  7. DWPress

Questions about Acourate software

I know quite a few on this forum use Acourate software tools in their systems so was hoping I could get some basic questions answered that I haven't been able to discern skimming the documentation. I'd like to set up a Win/Linux box to basically do everything that my miniDSP4x10 is already doing...
  8. DWPress

Confessions of a mostly digital active XO stereo junky

Recently I've changed a few things up in my system but two things have stood out as profoundly interesting and contrary to my objective approach toward audio and the signal chain. I scored some MSB gear on a great deal: 2 P1000 power supplies, a ADD-1 which is a 24/96 ADC and particularly a...
  9. DWPress

New Linux based active XO with GUI

Just thought I'd link to this thread over at diyAudio of this guy who has, in the last couple months developed a FREE Linux based active crossover with DSP. This is nothing new in Linux but this is the first instance of it having a user friendly GUI on the front end that I'm aware of and it's...
  10. DWPress

Hello from new member

Glad I stumbled across this site last week. Lots of sharp people, minimal snarkiness and excellent musical musings. I've been on the audio odyssey since the 80s while in college and hearing a very nicely done system produce my favorite music in levels of detail I'd never known possible. Since...
Top Bottom