Search results

1. soundwave76

Name the one best sounding song on your system?

Speaking of femal vocalists, try this one (on Tidal)
  2. soundwave76

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Just ordered mine. I currently have the JDS Atom amp and a KhadasTB on top of it. The KTB ia a bit bulky and I miss a screen with info about the incoming signal, so lets try this thing!
  3. soundwave76

adding VU-meters in the audio chain?

Luxman or McIntosh should release a simple VU meter only hardware device :cool:
  4. soundwave76

adding VU-meters in the audio chain?

I also asked about this a few days back and also got some answers... https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-real-time-spectrum-analyzers-and-peak-level-meters.7038/
  5. soundwave76

You are in for a treat, if you haven't heard Yello before! :)
  6. soundwave76

^ Yes it indeed is, especially the very first notes when the song starts. Thanks!
  7. soundwave76

^ This sounds pretty great as well EDIT: ...as do many other songs from her as well, at least the top tracks on Tidal. Thanks!
  8. soundwave76

So what's the one song you think sounds the best in your current system? You don't have to like the song. I guess this is mine - it sounds fantastic AND I really really also like the song :)
  9. soundwave76

Review and Measurements of Singxer SU-1 USB to S/PDIF

Yep, sold mine already. These interfaces are still needed regardless of the reclocking features. For example I need the USB->AES conversion for digital active speakers and there haven't been that many products out there that do that. Lately there's been an increase, but a few years back, the...
  10. soundwave76

Subwoofer Selection Criteria

DSP is a must nowadays in my opinion and experience! No more hassle with moving the sub around the room for trying to find the best spot etc. My Genelec DSP sub was calibrated in about one minute with a perfect result.
  11. soundwave76

DAC or What?

I would also sell the Mcinthos gear if you are not into audio/hifi and get cheaper quality gear, what for example this forum has reviewed a lot.
  12. soundwave76

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

This indeed is a great idea. I might just do the same!
  13. soundwave76

Review and Measurements of Empirical Audio Synchro-Mesh

^ This interests me as well. I have digital active speakers (Genelec 8331+7350) and I have compared two USB-AES interfaces in the past few days - the Matrix XSPDIF and Mutec MC-3+ USB with reclocking. I heard no differences, which didn't surprise me.
  14. soundwave76

Speakers that measure well and work in small room

A pair of Genelec 8331 with inbuilt DSP room correction. You could later add a sub. I have these and can highly recommend them! https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/video-reviews/2018/7/12/genelec-8331-sam-8341-sam-the-ones-studio-monitors-re-writing-the-rule-book
  15. soundwave76

Review and Measurements of Empirical Audio Synchro-Mesh

Great review as always! Also a tip of the hat to Steve for sending the device for testing. It was a brave move and one can only wish that more hifi manufacturers would do the same and/or test and measure their devices properly themselves.
  16. soundwave76

Can you review a Synchro-Mesh S/PDIF re-clocker?

I feel I need to clarify the reason why I got the Mutec. :) It is quite versatile as a digital switcher between USB, SPDIF(coax+opt) and AES. I feed the SPDIF coax to Khadas ToneBoard + JDS Atom and AES to Genelec 8331+7350 speakers. The reclocking seems to be irrelevant in my use case, because...
  17. soundwave76

Lets get my Mutec to ASR's test bench as well so we can get to the bottom of these reclockers! Regarding the higher return shipping costs back to Finland @amirm, could we maybe ask some small donations from those members, who would like to see the Mutec measured? Just a thought, maybe there...
  18. soundwave76

Since we are talking about reclocking here -> I came accross this test while reading about Mutec MC-3+ which I just got. This test measures jitter with and without reclocking and the results seem pretty clear in favor of the Mutec. Have a look. This is a translated text from German and there's a...
Top Bottom