Search results

1. HionHiFi

DAC preamp with analog inputs

Though not directed at me, I’ve have owned the SHD. It might be an option again in the future. I didn’t like Volumio. I could have loaded Squeezelite player to resolve that issue. But I haven’t been able to get use Volumio after using LMS for many years. It’s awesome and stable. The UI of the...
  2. HionHiFi

1 analog input would suffice. I don’t have any analog sources, but let’s say I wanted to use the Allo Raspberry duhicky that Amir just reviewed. I couldn’t. It only has analog outputs and I don’t have any analog inputs.
  3. HionHiFi

Both of those look nice. I’ll check them out. The frontrunner however at the moment is going with an ADC as Jeff suggested. It’ll be cheaper…possibly and allow me to continue using the SGD1 DAC, which I really like.
  4. HionHiFi

Thank you. I have a Babyface Pro FS that could work in this situation but for the logistics of my room. I would be difficult to get inputs and outputs to and from the Babyface to the rest of the audio system with having wires strewn across my room floor. It is MY audio room, but my wife would...
  5. HionHiFi

The Yamaha would work, unfortunately I’m looking for a better performance DAC.
  6. HionHiFi

I’m looking for a top end performance in an analog stage that will compliment DAC. The DAC is a Soncoz SGD1 paired to a Nord Three SE 1ET400A MKII Dual Mono Stereo Amp. Together with the other components in the system make for a pretty clean path for the audio signal. I’d like to keep it that...
  7. HionHiFi

Reviving a dead thread instead of starting a new one. I’m looking for a DAC with analog inputs. The landscape has changed a bit since OP posted his question. Has there been any new DAC’s with analog inputs?
  8. HionHiFi

Vandersteen Model 3A Signature Stereo Speakers w/Sound Anchor Stands

Hello, I'm selling a pair of Vandersteen 3A Signatures. The are Vandersteen's classic high-end speaker and sound excellent on all kinds of music. The bass is deep but not boomy. The midrange is neutral and doesn't color the sound. The tweeter is smooth on the top end and isn't bright. All these...
  9. HionHiFi

RME Babyface Pro FS USB Audio Interface - NO LONGER FOR SALE

NO LONGER FOR SALE Selling a RME Babyface Pro FS. I bought it on January 6, 2021 from via from RME. The RME Babyface Pro FS USB Audio Interface is a 24-channel 192 kHz professional high-precision USB audio desktop interface. Four years ago the Babyface Pro again demonstrated RME’s absolute...
  10. HionHiFi

Kali Audio MV-BT Review (Balanced Bluetooth Receiver)

Oh, I'm well aware of the loose use of the term "audiophile", or should I say ambiguous. I have no illusions as it's quality. I expect it be passable. That's it. If it tests well, I'd consider it in the minority.
  11. HionHiFi

Kali Audio MV-BT Review (Balanced Bluetooth Receiver)

Nice review. I’d buy v2 if this unit if they were to improve the performance. Functionality wise it’s on point. The execution however unfortunately doesn’t do it justice. I recently picked up a $79 Bluetooth module to use with my electronic drum set. It’s an “audiophile” type of...
  12. HionHiFi

I think so too. You could always sell the CBT’s and buy these. Lol All joking aside, they are really nice speakers and I do hope they find a good home. I am selling these speakers for an Audiophile buddy of mine. He doesn’t like the process of selling online so he enlisted me to sell them for...
  13. HionHiFi

Hello, I'm selling a pair of Vandersteen 3A Signatures. The are Vandersteen's classic high-end speaker and sound excellent on all kinds of music. The bass is deep but not boomy. The midrange is neutral and doesn't color the sound. The tweeter is smooth on the top end and isn't bright. All these...
  14. HionHiFi

Best tool for the job...Dirac VST or MiniDSP SHD??

I tried Dirac and I liked the result I got with it. Ultimately I wanted to a different music player and a different room correction engine so I sold the SHD.
  15. HionHiFi

Flux FA-12 Review (headphone amplifier)

If made it would be a good alternative to Schiits high performance now difficult to source preamp.
  16. HionHiFi

Flux FA-12 Review (headphone amplifier)

It’d be interesting to see what kind of Preamplifier FLUX could build.
  17. HionHiFi

WTB: ALLO VOLT+ D (DOUBLE)

I’m looking to buy another ALLO VOLT+ D (DOUBLE) with power supply to drive the mids and tweeters of my Snell C7’s. Willing to pay up to $85 shipped to California depending on condition, version, etc. HionHiFi
Top Bottom