Search results

1. frogmeat69

Are there any good sounding Metal albums?

What is it about them you don't like? Newer stuff? Older? Bands like Iron Maiden, Opeth, Katatonia and others have good sounding production, at least to me. Can you be more specific?
  2. frogmeat69

Things that are Just Wrong

Gazpacho just seems wrong to me, I guess from growing up in Buffalo I tend to like my soups hot, can't imagine eating cold soup during a blizzard.
  3. frogmeat69

In that circumstance I can understand a nice cold beer of any kind would be like a taste of heaven.
  4. frogmeat69

That is called cellar temperature, porters and stouts and the like are at their most flavorful at that temp. But not for a Bud or Miller or similar canned fizzy corn and rice water, you want those ice cold so you can't taste them, because they taste like shit.
  5. frogmeat69

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

None, except for the channels swapped.
  6. frogmeat69

The Cable Debate Just Ended

What I want to know is if that is a real company, or did this guy set up a fake website to go along with his trolling video? Might be why they are on backorder, and will probably always be back ordered. Either way, any money he makes from this should be directly given to a dentist, lol.
  7. frogmeat69

Apple lossless official announcement

Ugh, I hate the way this whole iTunes crap works on PC. Why can't I just save an artist I searched for so I can go directly to their catalog?Am I doing it all wrong? I like to listen to whole albums, not some station Apple decides to build for me. Guess I'm old fashioned, don't want or buy just...
  8. frogmeat69

Did You Actually Buy a New Disc Recently?

Recently picked up the 2020 cardboard "Mini LP" CD re-issues of Mercyful Fate's early albums and a few from King Diamond, taken from the original source tapes, sound AWESOME. Have also been buying King Crimson's 40th Anniversary CD/DVD-Audio releases, think I have them all now. And scrounged...
  9. frogmeat69

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

Looks like the paint has been rubbed off.
  10. frogmeat69

And this needs to be the test sample.
  11. frogmeat69

You think it's the best of the bunch, but Tyll from Inner Fidelity looked like he was gonna cry, because he was so disappointed in that he thought there was a step back in quality. He was clearly upset about it. I like the 660, but don't think it's any better than the others.
  12. frogmeat69

Passive hearing protection for concerts? Any recommendations?

These are the same as the Ety's, and cost less, pretty sure Etymotic makes them, Get them here. Only thing is they don't come with a carry case. I have been using these or the Ety's for years now, they work great, saved my hearing from all of the metal bands I have seen.
  13. frogmeat69

No wonder my pair of 99s never get used, lol.
  14. frogmeat69

When I had my iCan Pro amp, I could hook up 2 headphones at the same time, and tried that with my HD 650 and HD600. I tried to switch them as fast as I could, and did notice some difference in their sound, like most people say, the 600 is a bit "airier" or "brighter" than the 650, which is why...
  15. frogmeat69

AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt Review (Portable Headphone Adapter)

They don't, and I wasn't expecting Audioquest to send in a pair to review, but some folks here own them, like myself, and would like to know if anyone has offered to send them in yet.
  16. frogmeat69

AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt Review (Portable Headphone Adapter)

With all of these poor Audioquest reviews, I wonder how their headphones would measure up. Hey @amirm , is anyone sending you a pair to test?
  17. frogmeat69

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

The Cipher cable is a huge improvement over just using the 3.5mm cable, even with the EQ flat, they sound much better. I don't get the tuning Audeze did on the iSine, and many of their other headphones, to be honest. Most need EQ or the Audeze Reveal DSP app to sound great. The LCD-2 Fazor...
Top Bottom