Search results

1. dominikz

Swissonic Converter AD 24/192 (ADC) Measurements

After the recent measurement I did for the unbranded ADC I got off eBay, to compare a friend borrowed me a relatively similar device by a thomann.de house brand - Swissonic Converter AD 24/192 that sells for about 40€: Basic features are mostly the same, except this one comes with a power...
  2. dominikz

Unbranded ADC from eBay - measurements

Recently I was looking for a cheap ADC and found a generic, unbranded one on eBay for just under 10$ (UPC: 6927373037416). Here's a few pictures of the device: My plan was to use an ADC to connect my turntable to a digital input of miniDSP OpenDRC-DI, but I didn't really want to spend much on...
  3. dominikz

RME Babyface Silver Edition Measurements and Review (after 10 years of use :)

Just finished a bit of more extensive testing and measurement of my audio interface (RME Babyface Silver Edition, 1st generation bought in 2011.) and though this audio interface is now quite old (3rd generation is the current one) I thought the results might be interesting to some so decided to...
  4. dominikz

Turning an Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd gen) into a media player with DSP

So after looking into some depth at room correction SW, I wanted to see how to implement DSP into my system. Initially I looked at various of-the-shelf solutions, but in the end decided to see if I can work something out myself - ultimately audio DSP is just a bit of computing power combined...
  5. dominikz

Comparison of DRCs: Dirac Live for Studio, IK Multimedia ARC System 3 and Sonarworks Reference 4 Studio edition

[MOD EDIT: This is a member contribution] Hi all, Lately I was playing a bit with digital room correction (DRC) SW to see if I can tame the bass in our living room with a pair of Revel M16 (no subs) so I thought it could be useful to share my findings. Some of my in-room measurements are...
  6. dominikz

How to estimate flared port's effective radiating surface

The question in the title relates to quasi-anechoic loudspeaker measurements where we do a gated far-field HF measurement, and splice it with nearfield LF measurements of woofers and ports. I've mentioned this already in another thread, but thought it's maybe better suited to a dedicated...
  7. dominikz

Review and Measurements of Denon RCD-N9 (Ceol) Mini Stereo System

Hello all, New member alert! :D After several months of reading the forum, I thought it might be a good time to join and introduce myself with a review of my own - perhaps someone else will find the information useful. :) It also seems like a nice way to document my work and exchange thoughts...
Top Bottom