Search results for query: emby

1. BillG

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

...Graphic EQ with up to 256 frequency bands. It's standout feature, though, along with local content playback, is acting as a music client application for Plex, Emby, Jellyfin, Subsonic, Kodi, and Internet Radio servers. It supports streaming to Google Cast, UPnP-DLNA, or XBMC/Kodi devices.
  2. BillG

Android 14 supports bit-perfect USB audio

...requirements that UAPP won't fulfill. For example, there are a number of very popular server protocols/APIs that it doesn't support; Plex, Emby, Jellyfin, Subsonic, and Kodi to be precise. I personally never cared about bit-perfect playback. I'm always going to apply some form of DSP when...
  3. BillG

Cheap Windows server setup

...with no issues. I run two multimedia server applications on it currently, and simultaneously, and the CPU utilization rarely exceeds 15% 1. Emby - primarily for movies, although I do access it remotely via Symfonium for music; more on that in a moment. 2. Logitech Media Server - which I...
  4. BillG

Hardware vs software and features

I use Emby for my multimedia streaming needs and find it to be very stable. While it's not strictly for music, I do use it in that way by maintaining separate libraries and user accounts to segregate my music from other media types. I'm using it right now to stream some music to a Chromecast...
  5. BillG

music server

Another feature of Emby that I'd like to point out: It supports remote streaming via cellular (mobile phone) from your home server even in its freeware version. As a matter of fact, I use it frequently when commuting or shopping. Emby is even available for installation on certain NAS devices...
  6. BillG

Is this the ultimate streamer? (and costs less than $150)

It could definitely be remote controlled via a number of different applications - Ex. I'm running Emby Server on my Windows computer, and I'll occasionally remote control it as a media player via the Emby Android app on my phone. Then we've applications like Remote Desktop which broadcast the...
  7. BillG

...directly to one's mobile, it would support Bluetooth by default if the device does. Perhaps you missed it in my original screenshot or on Emby's own website, but that little rectangular icon on the upper right is where the magic happens. Below is an example of what one will be presented...
  8. BillG

Plex vs Roon

I quickly reviewed Plexamp last week just for my comparison against my current favorite, Emby. I liked its interface a little bit more not by much. I disliked the fact that remote streaming required a Plex Pass (i.e. paid subscription). That feature is free in Emby and I use it on a semi-regular...
  9. BillG

Windows PC for audio/video playback

...network playback: MusicBee (local, Internet Radio and SoundCloud) Opera (web browser) Desktop Audio Streamer (streams whatever system-wide audio the PC is playing to Chromecast) Server: Emby Remote control: 2x Android mobiles - MusicBee Remote, Emby Android and spacedesk (Windows remote...
  10. BillG

Building HEOS-proof music collection

I'd reviewed it some time back, and wasn't impressed - it lacked the polish of Emby. The freeware version of Emby suits my needs just fine, and has for several years now, and can stream via WAN (cellular and WiFi) when I'm away from my LAN. I'm so satisfied with that I've not felt the need to...
  11. BillG

Why do people like/use Roon?

Another issue I have with Roon: $700USD for a lifetime subscription and it doesn't officially support remote access?! Emby even supports that in their freeware edition and I use it frequently, like when I'm commuting or shopping for example.
  12. BillG

What Audio Players Do You Have Installed On Your Windows,Mac or Linux?

Windows 10 Desktop: MusicBee, Emby Server, and Emby Web. For streaming services, I use a Web browser. To stream audio from my desktop to my 2x Chromecast for a pseudo-surround sound field, I use the following: https://github.com/SamDel/ChromeCast-Desktop-Audio-Streamer I've two systems in...
  13. BillG

You seem to be misinterpreting what I wrote, and I've lost interest in further conversation about it as result. Emby is very user-friendly and easy to setup. If you're really interested in seeing it in action, discovering its pro and cons, etc., you know what to do.
  14. BillG

Plex vs Roon

If your devices support UPnP/DLNA or Google Cast, then works just like any of the other client-server packages. They pretty much handle it the same with their interfaces, just select the device you wish to stream to and go.
  15. BillG

music server

You're very welcome... :cool: Yes, Emby supports shuffle play and another mode called "Instant Mix". The exact details of the latter I don't recall, but I suspect it's based on artist and genre. Please see the below screenshot:
  16. BillG

Help wanted - using Android phone with UAPP/Neutron to access and stream local files

By the way, Neutron can access an Emby server if that server happens to have the DLNA plug-in installed. Here's a screenshot of the Emby server dashboard showing the various plug-ins I'm using to make it more audiocentric:
  17. BillG

That's been my experience with Emby and Chromecast/Android mobiles - it never drops not even when I'm streaming remotely at the grocery store, while commuting, or just watching the sunset at the local park. And speaking of ease of use:
  18. BillG

music server

...for your personal computer and the client software whatever mobiles you wish to use as remote control/portable listening devices. I recommend Emby. If you do decide to use it, I'd suggest the installing following plug-ins (circled in red) to make life easier: 2.) Rip your CDs into whatever...
  19. BillG

Plex vs Roon

...or fourth time due to their recent $1USD for 3 months offer: I'm still not impressed with it, especially given its normal price, compared to Emby whose freeware version is more than sufficient for my needs and even includes remote streaming as part of that offer. While I can appreciate...
  20. BillG

...for a less expensive alternative to Roon as a client-server package for Chromecast, there are many. My favorite for the last several years is Emby. While it is multimedia focused, it is more than sufficient for audio only, and it's freeware version so feature complete that one could use it...
Top Bottom