Search results

1. A

Matrix Audio MA

All three are connected to the same device, just in case :) ..
  2. A

Focal or Klipsch?

I do not listen with my eyes, I have several sets of speakers and amplifiers at home. Back in the 90's I brought a pair of Paradigm Esprit BP, still have them. Quite well built speakers, have them in the other house. I also have several vintage Marantz receivers (as my almost other hobby)...
  3. A

Focal or Klipsch?

They sound better. From what I heard and to my ears at least.
  4. A

Focal or Klipsch?

I would rather stick with Pass designs, and class-A if possible, not with what gives more power. Later defeats the purpose of good speakers.
  5. A

Focal or Klipsch?

I never heard what Klipsch sounds like, but I did listen to JBL L300 (from the same pre and ps as I have) and was very impressed with those. Thick, juicy sound with every note clear, enjoyed every second of it. The things is, as I mentioned above, they are not so easy to find, and buying without...
  6. A

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

Very slow. I mean, really slow. But it does scan the NAS entirely, although takes ages. Overall same rubbish as before.
  7. A

Eh, plug external hard drive and connect NAS, DSD will also work flawlessly - if saying so only made it so. :)
  8. A

How does one open this unit? I mean, which screws should I untie first?
  9. A

Focal or Klipsch?

I also use Focal for movies (+ center CC 900, two big subs on the sides and back speakers behind) connected to Marantz 8001, they do sound softisch still. Although detailed and with good imaging. I realize some people do like this sound, I can't say I do.
  10. A

Focal or Klipsch?

I read some comments about CW barely audible bass, do they really need proper placement? How big is the room you have them in?
  11. A

Focal or Klipsch?

Made an experiment yesterday; to elevate minimum impedance I added a 1 Ohm resistor to each each speakers red pole. It somewhat changed the signature of the speakers; the lower notes (bass) became loud and tight, as if an amplifier gained more power in an instant, and the stage moved some steps...
  12. A

Focal or Klipsch?

Found it here (at the bottom); https://h-m-entertainment.com/focal-aria-948-review I thought speaker impedance should not dip below 80% of the nominal. Strange. That is how they increase sensitivity, by drawing more current I guess. And of course they do sound soft in at the lower end, as not...
  13. A

Focal or Klipsch?

I must have missed it, is 2.4?ohm listed in the specs somewhere or did you calculate it? Very interesting point!
  14. A

Focal or Klipsch?

I don't really play loud, as a matter of fact I never do. But just for comparison; few weeks ago I picked up in a good condition JBL L90, those are from the 90's, and what a difference did that make! They were quite fine with the original quarter of a century old caps, somewhat forward sounding...
  15. A

I think we all have to agree at some point, that what is brought to you by the garbage makers will always remain as such. I have MA Element X, it was advertised as the most universal, the best streamer/player there is. And what do I get? - 4tb external hard drive can not be scanned in one go. In...
  16. A

Focal or Klipsch?

I think I have a pretty solid system - Pass Labs, but the thing with Focal's is that not every system plays well with it. In other words, it is a hit and miss choice. At least this is how I see it. I never listened to Kanta, though, so it might be an exception.
  17. A

Focal or Klipsch?

Is it a wooden house/floors?
  18. A

Focal or Klipsch?

For the movies I have Marantz SR8001, I switch the cables on the speakers, and they sound very similar. The bass is there, but it is very light. Not like any other speaker I listened to.
  19. A

Focal or Klipsch?

Thank you for replying. How do you like the bass, is it somewhat light when compared to other speakers of that size?
  20. A

Focal or Klipsch?

I heard JBL L300 (Summit) at one of my friend's houses, and really liked that sound. Very unique and present. So I think this is what horns are about. Those L300's, however, are almost impossible to find here in Europe, and I would not want to pay for them without seeing what I am getting first...
Top Bottom