Search results

1. Presently42

On Group Delay and Spatial Effects

Er, actually, this thread should probably be in the psychoacoustics area. Can a mod move it? Introduction and observation: Following the fairly well received post on the relationship between group delay and spatial effects in headphones, I thought I'd start a new thread on the matter, gathering...
  2. Presently42

Hifiman Ananda Review (headphone)

I'm starting to form the hypothesis, that group delay (as well as frequency response; particularly around 8 kHz and possibly around 2 kHz - aka, the Blauert bands) is responsible for much of the out-of-head soundstage (or is it instrument separation? I dare not answer that question yet)...
  3. Presently42

Audiophile jewelry - most beautiful Cd players, turntables and other gear

Verily, beauty is in the eye of the beholder
  4. Presently42

Has anyone trained a cat to do audio testing?

For years, I put silly pictures on my lab report covers. This was one of my all-time favourites
  5. Presently42

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

Hmm. I wonder if this also applies to the stage a130. Ah well - good things are worth waiting for, I suppose. And I'm not completely speaker (and headphone)less for the nonce.
  6. Presently42

I ordered the speakers a couple of weeks or so ago from a Canadian retailer. I got an email saying, that the speakers won't be delivered to me before the thirty-first of March. The shop owner blames the plague for the delay: presumably, production can't currently meet demand due to general...
  7. Presently42

Can the 10kHz notch on headphones be emulated with EQ?

I've been wondering the same, and am trying to experiment with specific reverb between 7 kHz and 10.5 kHz: so far, I'ven't been able to find a reverb plugin, that can manage these parameters
  8. Presently42

Based on this review, I purchased the speakers for 300 cad, thanks to a post by the Canuck, who has a list of Canuckish sellers. I currently have an old pair of Technics SB-P1000 connected to an older Denon avr in a very non-suitable listening room. Eventually, I'll get a pair of f208 - but I'm...
  9. Presently42

Audibility of low frequency distortion in speakers

But are aware, that there's a rose somewhere? Lemme think where... Portuguese Amsterdam? No! Spanish Harlem!!!
  10. Presently42

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Last I read, he uses menuBUS and AUNBAND (I think that's what it's called) on mac. ProQ is much better tho Positive. I had not only a lengthy discush on the ProQ forum1, but hours spent trying to find the precise equation and make an easy-to-use version on a calculator app. The differences in...
  11. Presently42

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Just in case you're not aware, ProQ's Q values are not the same as those provided by oratory1990: oratory1990's must be equated to ProQ's with an annoying equation, dependant on frequency, bitrate and Q value: q*(2*π*(f/b))/sin(2*π*(f/b))*√(2).This equation is seemingly only valid for peaking...
  12. Presently42

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Assuming you have both the Buffalo and the ToneBoard, have you noticed any difference between the two? I also have the Buffalo II, with Twisted Pear's 16 bit USB converter and am strongly considering getting the ToneBoard, if only to get a better USB converter.
Top Bottom