Search results

1. S

Just discoverd EQ and I kind of start wondering what I was doing ...

I just used the presets from oratory 1990. Don't know if he/she is here, but this definitely changed my view on headphones. Now I feel all the chase of sound signatures in DAC/AMP is futile. We can just get the most transparent and affordable stacks from Topping or SMSL and apply EQ. I don't...
  2. S

If you are still wondering about the tube sound ...

Please consider getting a Bravo Audio V1/2. Remember to get a multimeter to adjust biases, as the factory settings are super wacky on mine. :( But after adjusting biases, this little amp really sings. It pairs very well with with highly regarded Sennheiser 5xx and 6xx. And it also offers a...
  3. S

Is there a pure Bluetooth receiver like Topping BC30 without DAC?

I have plenty of DACs and Amps lying around. I am curious if there is some high quality Bluetooth receiver that can convert LDAC signals to digital ones such as optical or coaxical? I know Topping BC30 does that, but it also comes with an extra DAC. There are several generic branded ones on...
  4. S

Looking for an IEM that benefits from amping

I normally use my favorite Hifiman Sundara and occasionally Sennheiser HD 5XX. But lately I have to share my space with someone else. And I normally use either Etymotic ER3SE or MeeAudio Pinnacle P1. The etys are slightly on the dark side, but still maintains an even manner. The P1 is more fun...
  5. S

What can cause Headphone Amp's output resistance to increase over time?

I have a really old Aune T1 DAC/Amp. And I recall that when I first got it, it could drive very low resistance IEMs just fine. But after all these years, all at sudden, it can't anymore. It can drive planars such as my Sundara. The specific problems it has with IEMs now are: 1) Overall, volume...
Top Bottom