Search results

1. Sal1950

Listening Chair

Bought a new recliner for my listening pleasure this week I'm really falling in love with it, it's so comfortable but the main reason I got this one is the adjustable headrest. For critical listening you can have it all the way down which removes any negative effect one may have on the systems...
  2. Sal1950

Third Lock Down

A great new family group with a tune sure to take some awards at the Grammy's this year. Be sure to check this out. LOL
  3. Sal1950

Merry Christmas, Blessed Hanukkah & Covid Free New Year

Wishing a Merry Christmas, Blessed Hanukkah & Covid Free New Year to all our members and visitors. Hoping 2021 will bring us all a New Year free of the worry and troubles we've surrendered in 2020. Sal
  4. Sal1950

Audioholics Gives ASR Thumbs Up

Gene DellaSala gave a nod to ASR and it's measurements in today's video about 4 ohm Speakers on Cheap Receivers Thanks Gene, we in the objective community have to work and stick together to make real progress in the true understanding of High Fidelity gear.
  5. Sal1950

Black Fri SVS Subwoofer Sale

A super deal on SVS 2000 Sealed or Ported Subs Sealed $799 MSRP BF Sale $499 https://www.svsound.com/products/sb-2000 Ported $799 MSRP BF Sale $599...
  6. Sal1950

Learn Piano At 70+ ?

Bought myself a Yamaha NP-12 keyboard this week. Never played any instrument before, except for dabbling as a kid. Always wanted to but never put together the time. It will be interesting to see if I can put much together at my age. :oops:
  7. Sal1950

Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band -The Gordian Knot, pre-orders open for new BluRay

Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band - The Gordian Knot on pre order, due out Aug 28 2020 Blu-ray Disc which has 5.1 DTS-HD mixes, 7.1.4 Auro-3D mixes, and Dolby Atmos mixes of this fantastic record. This BD has a mix to please us all! Can't wait to get it...
  8. Sal1950

Florida Audio Expo 2021 CANCELLED

I just got this info sent to me by AJ on the canceling of this coming Feb's Florida Audio Expo 2021 :facepalm: https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2020/08/05/florida-audio-expo-2021-cancelled/ This is sad news for all Audiophiles looking forward to attending this year. Here's sending a big THANKS to...
  9. Sal1950

Widescreen Review

Say @amirm , been meaning to ask you, I read in the April/May issue of Widescreen Review that due to the lack of advertising income caused by the virus issue, etc; that the magazine was teetering on the edge of financial failure. :( I was wondering if there had been any significant change...
  10. Sal1950

RIP Little Richard 5/9/2020

Sadly we lost one of the greatest rock performers of all time yesterday. A hardcore rocker that cycled between the life of a rockstar and preacher, he couldn't make up his mind if he wanted to live his life as a Sinner or Saint and. :)... I'm sure he made his way thru the pearly gates for all...
  11. Sal1950

Strong Immune Systems

12. Sal1950

HDMI 2.1 Cable Spec's

Gene and the guys at Audioholics did a good video on the new HDMI 2.1 specification. We HT guys will be dealing with this in the near future.
  13. Sal1950

FLORIDA AUDIO EXPO FEB 7-9th 2020

This weekend is the Florida Audio Expo in Tampa Fl. Show has grown 50% over last year, now 66 exhibits over 12 floors at the Embassy Suites by Hilton, Airport Westshore, Tampa. Feb 7-9th Fri & Sat 10-6 Sun 10-5 pm. https://floridaaudioexpo.com/ I had a he-ll of a time there last year, Be there...
  14. Sal1950

Glaciers Appear to be Growing, not Melting in Recent Years

Glacier National Park Quietly Removes Its ‘Gone by 2020’ Signs Things appear to be not quite so black and white time passage is revealing. https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/06/06/glacier-national-park-quietly-removes-its-gone-by-2020-signs-2/
  15. Sal1950

PC Media Player Remote Control

I've been wishing for a remote that I could control my media player and other functions of my Linux PC music server. After doing a bit of looking around I found the Sanoxy remote and since it's so cheap (under $10 on ebay) I decided to give it a try.. Bingo! Very Kool, it works plug&play in both...
  16. Sal1950

2020 Corvette Convertible $66,400

What an incredible engineering accomplishment by Chevrolet Nothing like it at twice the money.
  17. Sal1950

A Prayer For The Holidays

This is just too beautiful not to share. Dear God, please send clothes for all those poor ladies on grandpa's computer. Amen
  18. Sal1950

Happy Chrismukkah

To all my friends (and even some others) May this season of Joy and Love bring you and yours a year of health, wealth, and happyness. Peace on Earth and Goodwill to All. Sal...
  19. Sal1950

Speaker distortion

Not really purely subjective. The improvements gained from large woofers over small are easily measured.
  20. Sal1950

Scarface 4K DTS-X

Just queuing up the copy of Scarface I picked up from BestBuy today. Hoping the picture and sound live up to my expectations. One of the best movies done in the last few decades, hope this mix does it justice.
Top Bottom