Search results

1. E

Amphion vs Genelec

Are you familiar which has a better transient response? I find I get that ‘3D’ effect when a speaker has a quick response, e.g ribbon tweeters
  2. E

Amphion vs Genelec

Do the Amphions have any sonic benefit over the Genelecs? The crossover is low, and they use passive radiators. Does that really mean much compared to a calibrated Genelec? Also, do passive monitors hold any sonic benefit over active monitors?
  3. E

Amphion vs Genelec

I’m looking to get a new set of mixing monitors and I’m stuck between Amphion One18 or Genelec 8340 (with GLM). There are nothing but good reviews and specs out there on the Genelecs! In conjunction with GLM it feels like they would be a really solid choice, compared to most speakers at that...
  4. E

Using the ART Tube/Behringer MIC500USB as an outboard saturation tool?

Would running sounds through this as an outboard tube saturation unit sound like trash? (i.e drums)
  5. E

Anything better than Genelec?

Does the GLM mic come with a calibrated file similar to Sonarworks, or is the mic perfectly flat out of the box?
  6. E

Does room treatment make a difference when mixing at a low volume?

I monitor low when doing vocal rides and stuff, I just didn't know if there was a volume threshold when it comes to the room affecting the sound. I'm aware of the FM curves, I try and aim for like 80 to 85 dB normally.
  7. E

I know but what do they sound like?
  8. E

What are the tweeters like on Genelecs? I find soft dome tweeters a bit... well, soft... I.e. not as transient, like a bit of fabric is covering the tweeter or something. And I find ribbon tweeter like the Adams, to be transient, but have this like, artificial sounding high end (for lack of a...
  9. E

The 8340s are around £900, and don't require the sub for the GLM. What benefit would the KH310 bring over those pair of Genelecs? (Aside from the lower frequency response) I do intend to purchase a sub at a later date, but the monitors are my main concern at the moment.
  10. E

For critical listening, are the Genelec 8340s with GLM the best bang for buck?
  11. E

Does room treatment make a difference when mixing at a low volume?

If I'm mixing at like 60dB or less, will the room have much impact on the sound?
  12. E

Forgive my novice-ness... But how does Neumann alter the phase alignment of its speaker? I understand about crossovers and phase in a general sense, but what does the software actually change, and how will they affect the sonics?
  13. E

Can you elaborate on the phase issue with the Genelecs? Stuck between getting the Genelec 8340 or going into the Neumann KH lineup... Is there much difference between GML and MA-1? Are they both just corrective EQ curves?
  14. E

Does the slightly larger tweeter on Genelec 8350 make much difference when playing quiet?

Any other speakers you would suggest? Care much for the Focal Twin (in comparison to 8340)?
  15. E

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

How does this compare to the GLM in regards to accuracy? Does GLM affect the DSP also?
  16. E

Does the slightly larger tweeter on Genelec 8350 make much difference when playing quiet?

From what I’ve read I believe the 8340 is worth the extra money to upgrade, not too sure about the 8350 though... I’m definitely getting a 83xx monitor as I want to be able to use the GLM. Think I’ve asked you before but what’s your opinion on the KH line? ASR has a review that makes them seem...
  17. E

Considering purchasing the Genelec 8340 with GLM. The 8350 is a few hundred more and has a slightly larger tweeter and a slightly bigger woofer. I intend to get the matching sub at some point, so I’m not too concerned about the low end, but does the larger tweeter make much of a difference when...
  18. E

Excuse my novice-ness, but are these measurements 'good'?

Do you have any experience or opinions on the Genelec 8320? If I'm gonna enter the Genelec lineup, it's going to be with the GLM, so I want to make sure it has that feature set but I know the driver is pretty small...
  19. E

Anyone tested the Tannoy Gold 7 or 8s? What's you opinion?

Going from the coaxial to the 2 way Neumanns, did you notice any difference in phase? I’ve flicked between coaxial and 2 way before and the phase was very noticeable
Top Bottom