Search results

1. Purité Audio

Lumin at Purité Audio

The vary charming Andy Baker of Sound Design Distribution has persuaded me to give a Lumin ‘transport’ a while, a decision made easier by Roon’s recent decision to de-authorise non Roon certified devices. I am trying the transport only initially, I will use it with Roon to send an AEs signal to...
  2. Purité Audio

Room Correction

I find that just ameliorating any large bass peaks is enough in a traditionally furnished room, measure with REW which will also calculate the correct filter parameters, then apply with Roon, JRiver or a dac/processor such as the RME range. Keith
  3. Purité Audio

Genelec 7380 Subwoofer

This is it, it is massive a two man lift and you really don’t want to carry it very far! Genelecs largest 15” subwoofer the 7380.
  4. Purité Audio

Genelec 8351B monitors white

Rear view, Keith
  5. Purité Audio

Here they are, or one at least, immaculate condition, I would prefer to sell the 8351Bs as a set with the 7380 sub, I realise that is unlikely but I would offer a further discount if anyone in interested in the ‘set’, stands for the speakers and GLM hardware would also be iincluded. Keith
  6. Purité Audio

Genelec W371A + The Ones : My quest for the Grail is over

Frank I wrote to Matthew Fletcher at HHB on Friday, I would want to bring my measurement mic, BW Keith
  7. Purité Audio

Sorry slightly optimistic pricing! Keith
  8. Purité Audio

Genelec 7380 Subwoofer

For sale Genelec 7380 15” sub in perfect condition complete with original Genelec crate, 18 months old purchased originally from KMR in London. RRP is £3780, asking £2500 inc vat . The 7380 is a beast, shipping outside the U.K is possible , the crate is a pallet so kerb to kerb shipping is...
  9. Purité Audio

For sale one pair of Genelec 8351B monitors in white, 18 months old purchased from KMR Audio in London, perfect condition complete with all original packaging, rrp is just shy of £7k asking £5k inc vat and delivery within the U.K, shipping to the rest of the world is possible. Keith
  10. Purité Audio

Speaker Testing: why mono is better

Tom great to see you here, when will see is your new Hyperion! Excuse the off-topic. Best, Keith
  11. Purité Audio

Diminishing returns in the higher end

I believe but stand to be corrected that level matching, is probably best conducted with a steady state tone and an SPl meter. I do conduct the odd unsighted comparison of the client requires, customers are always welcome here if they want to whittle down between models, but eventually hearing...
  12. Purité Audio

What set of measurements can equate two DACs?

You don’t need to know their measurements to compare, the mind is hugely powerful when you know which you are listening to, bias takes over, hence the need for unsighted and level matched comparisons. In my opinion digital is done choose on function and aesthetics, and if you want. ‘pride of...
  13. Purité Audio

The only difference ‘may’ be the choice of reconstruction filter, try a level matched, unsighted comparison for yourself it will be revelatory. Keith
  14. Purité Audio

I have compared fine measuring fairly expensive dacs to inexpensive fine measuring designs and I couldnt hear any difference, latterly the Mola-Mola Tambaqui and Soncoz SGD1. The measurements suggest no difference and I couldn’t detect any, the more interesting question is how much distortion...
  15. Purité Audio

Diminishing returns in the higher end

Ideally you should compare loudspealers in your own room, switching instantly ( whilst not perfect) is the most valid form of comparison. Keith
  16. Purité Audio

Genelec 8351B D&D8C Hedd Main Towers

My old 8260,s and twin 7270 ubs, with palladium cable! Also notice the fancy stands with isolating ( really direct coupling ) feet and horns behind, I know, I know. Keith
  17. Purité Audio

Genelec 8351B Teardown (2nd Disassembled)

You need to hear a pair in your room, I don’t believe spl will be a problem, unless you listen really loudly, but I think you may have to sit pretty close to enjoy a fully immersive sound field, I recently sat 2.5 metres away from a pair and the image was very much constrained between the...
  18. Purité Audio

HEDD extended ‘Main Towers’

The Hedd Main Towers are. modular design, four TMS36 sub modules and two TM80 main units, the speakers can be used without the top bass modules. Keith
  19. Purité Audio

Price is for two, the other one, pictured next to similarly priced dac. Keith
  20. Purité Audio

For sale my Hedd extended ‘main towers’ in gloss black, retail is £24k plus 15% for the non standard gloss finish. These are the extended version with a total of 16x8” bass drivers, they are awesome. I have ll the original packaging, the speakers are two years old and are the pair used for the...
Top Bottom