Search results

1. bunkbail

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

I never knew you can do that with Rephase. I've always done it using REW, works well for me though.
  2. bunkbail

Measurements & Preview of Holo Audio Spring 3 DAC / wPreamp (Prototype)

Holy heck, that jitter performance is superlative. I'm guessing these measurements were taken in NOS mode?
  3. bunkbail

Dayton Audio B652-AIR Speaker Review

I've spent a couple of hours listening to the speakers now, I literally am slack jawed! Are these really a pair of $70 speakers? I filled the internal cabinets with 1-inch thick polyester fiber batting along the surfaces and applied @Maiky76's EQ settings above, and played the speakers with a...
  4. bunkbail

Dayton Audio B652-AIR Speaker Review

Thank you so so much for the EQ! I'll try them out and report back!
  5. bunkbail

Which speaker would you like Erin to review ? (community interest thread)

JBL Stage towers, either the A170, A180 or A190. Seeing that the cheaper A130 performed wonderfully in Amir's tests, I wonder how the bigger brothers would fare.
  6. bunkbail

Dynaudio Emit M10 Review (bookshelf speaker)

Hi amir, do you have the spins data for these speakers?
  7. bunkbail

What is the best passive bookshelf to convert to active - under US$800 a pair

JBL Stage A130, as it has very low distortion and good overall performance.
  8. bunkbail

Is there Interest in a dedicated DIY Speaker subsection?

Omg pls do so! I've been learning and doing simulations with different XO designs in VituixCAD and it is a lot of fun but I struggle to warp my head around the concept of baffle step loss and applying it in VituixCAD. Beginner friendly tutorials would be awesome!
  9. bunkbail

500W (4ohm) GaN Class D Modules - Starkrimson Ultra

What is the load for this test?
  10. bunkbail

Tube amp for HD660S

I have tried using my HD660S with Woo Audio's WA6-SE once, it was pretty bad. Wooly bass and extremely dark sounding. I don't think HD660S is best suited with a tube amp, but you can always try your luck.
  11. bunkbail

Do Fancy Audio Cables Make a Difference? (video)

I would've preferred if you mentioned this review of Wireworld USB cable somewhere in the video since it is one of those cables that provides objectively better performance over generic cables, but I appreciate the efforts on the video nonetheless. Thank you amirm.
  12. bunkbail

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

I missed that part, but then again the linearity test was done in NOS mode. Maybe that's why the error was missing in Amir's test.
  13. bunkbail

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

That's for the Terminator not the Ares II, but yeah I agree it's interesting.
  14. bunkbail

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd R2R11 DAC & Amp

I just have too many DACs, amps, headphones and speakers right now, I want to get rid of them all haha. I don't know why lately I just content with only using my lowly $5 VE monk plus earbuds and $10 MDR-ZX110 headphones. Must be the ASR effect :rolleyes:.
  15. bunkbail

That's what I've been experiencing out of the R2R-11 as well, but play any remotely dynamic/complex music, you'll be greeted with dull and unexciting sound as if the details were drowned out by something. Acoustics and instrumentals sound blissful with it though.
  16. bunkbail

What made you buy one? Btw you should've asked me I've been trying to get rid of mine XD
  17. bunkbail

Buying Gamestop shares

Nahh not much thought went into the trades really, I'm a redditor through and through and I just did it for the memes and just chipping in for the cause. If you spent a little bit of time on /r/wallstreetbets you know what I'm talking about. It's not like I'm risking my life savings or anything...
  18. bunkbail

Buying Gamestop shares

I bought 5 shares at $90 during the dip. My first ever stock purchase. I know nothing about shares in general but what I know is I'm not selling these shares anytime soon hah!
  19. bunkbail

Abyss Diana V2 Review (headphone)

Yeah lol. Almost all of the criticism towards this review on here and also on reddit are about the subbass roll off. Amir's main talking point was the distortion in the midrange, which I think pathetic for a $3000 pair of headphones.
  20. bunkbail

Abyss Diana V2 Review (headphone)

Truth to be told, this is my dream set of headphones and have been saving up money for awhile now. Thank you for the eye opener.
Top Bottom