Search results

1. ezra_s

Curious to know your ROON hardware

Does it get hot? Can you try setting DSP a little? Speaker Distance, a few hq bands, headroom , play music for a while and see how it gets? I may be interested in getting one too.
  2. ezra_s

Why Roon?

Hey guys, about the DSP settings in ROON. I am curious about the speaker distance setting. Anyone knows the science applied behind this? I have read that some active speakers have dsp settings for similar things like this and their placement. So, what changes if for example I set it up as my...
  3. ezra_s

Why Roon?

Thanks I started checking those, but I read some comments that those microprocessors might not be enough for ROON Core and some DSP settings, not that I use it too much, parametric EQ, speaker distance, perhaps headroom management. Do you use it for roon without issue? For instance, what I...
  4. ezra_s

Why Roon?

the only thing that is a pain from Room, aside from the subscription price is to have a dedicated piece of hardware and that one not being able to be a raspberry pi, which consumues next to nothing. I know I know, DSP processing, etc.. Still I subscribed for a year to really see if It helps me...
  5. ezra_s

Tidal vs Qobuz experience

I guess you have to pick two songs and try to hear the differences, ones you know it is supposed to be a really good high quality source. But still, if one can´t tell the difference, then the choice is about practical usage and wether you want to support the MQA scheme.
  6. ezra_s

Sennheiser HD 820 Review (headphone)

@amirm Can you please tell us, with that frequency response and analysis and after you listened to it? Does it sound neutral at all with your usual listening tracks?
  7. ezra_s

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

If he usually reasons like that to simple and easy to understand sentences.. that tells much about what can you expect from the guy.
  8. ezra_s

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

:eek: :facepalm: Wow, apologies, I hadn't seen this awesome thread and I posted the video in a new thread. Thanks to the moderators and apologies for double-posting! (I searched for MQA but didn't find it) :D Now on to read the whole thread! And Thanks @GoldenOne for the video, it was very...
  9. ezra_s

Resonance Experiment

I came across this video about how resonances make patterns. Had never seen it so I'm quite impressed. Hope you like it. Amazing Resonance Experiment! - YouTube
  10. ezra_s

Infinity RS152 Review (Surround Speaker)

Well, when I watch a movie with these kind of speakers I expect the spatial surround effect coming out of them without sounding like a tin can, hardly much more. :cool: -- I got a pair of Klipsch RP 250S just for that and I enjoy them in the movies, specially when I hear the woosh and all...
  11. ezra_s

Buchardt S400 Speaker Review

Thanks for the hints. I have REW and a umik I managed to measure and the dB SPL for the speakers to match it with the sub, other than that, too advanced for me to understand what's going on. I got a more or less nice curve, except for bass area which goes up and down, but I'm in nearfield, not...
  12. ezra_s

Norne Audio Premium Headphone Cable Review

Yes, yes, but how much? And did you end up thinking the sound was better with these cables before this review? :) Edit: Nervemind, I looked it up, 210Euros. o_O:eek: :facepalm:
  13. ezra_s

Buchardt S400 Speaker Review

Amazing post, specially for clueless people like me who really don't know what they do. I have a few questions though if you don't mind: "* in particular the XO is not that well executed" - What is XO? "Filter 1: ON HPQ Fc 41.7 Hz Gain 0 dB Q 1.13" What is HPQ?? I want to try your filters...
  14. ezra_s

RF Interference in Speaker Cables??? (video)

But but but.. he said he and his family have a heritage of hifi or something, that he made wires with his dad, that must amount to some authority.
  15. ezra_s

Focal Utopia Review (Headphone)

Seeing how it performs, what I like to know is what does it have to be that expensive.
  16. ezra_s

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I apologize I noticed my reply was too short to be greatly useful, I blame my wife and kids :D AFAIK ADI-2 DAC FS treats the xlr and rca output at the same output (putting aside voltages and such) , so whatever you apply to the "line out" affects both and nothing can be set to one of them...
  17. ezra_s

Not with the DAC, follow Atanasi comment.
  18. ezra_s

Yeap, you can, I use them both. XLR for the amp, RCA for the sub. Works perfectly.
  19. ezra_s

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

It has a fantastic LCD already. I would certainly not pay 500 for a pair of needles going back and forth, what a waste :p
  20. ezra_s

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Perhaps I didn't express myself correctly. I tried to say, incorrectly, that those graphs may show the improvment in the new firmware, because they are recent, other than that there is no proof or way to tell, since probably nobody could hear them.
Top Bottom