Search results for query: burn in

1. S

Listening recommendations for Burns night

It's Burns night tonight. Any recommendations for top recordings of Burns' songs? I'll start off with these two, both great:
  2. P

Parts Express Customer Service Tells me to "Burn-in" Out-of-spec Drivers

Recently I bought some Dayton Audio ND64 and ND65 speakers for a project, and by the time I got them, they measured out of spec. Many of the T/S parameters were off. I contacted Parts Express customer support and they said I should measure them only after 48 hours of "burn-in". I gave them the...
  3. J

Cable Burn-In - Myth or Fact?

I know many of you have been waiting on this opportunity for quite some time, so here it is. Happy New Year! Full Disclosure: I am the guy who sells both the FryBaby3 and FryCorder2 burn-in generators. Anyhow, I recently received a few email testimonials from a customer who was very happy...
  4. D

What would cause this McIntosh 12000 to burn up inside?

I was looking around ebay and I found this McIntosh 12000 for sale. It is not working, only being sold for parts. In the ad they said it looked like it got burned inside. I am not interested in the amp as far as buying it. However, I am wondering... what would of caused it to burn out like this?
  5. D

cable burn in hifi world scam

cable burn in hifi, worldwide scam. Electricity companies that make thick electricity cables of many kilowatts. they degassed 600 hours, due to them catching fire and explosions. due to trapped gas pockets. so wise head. you can use it in the hifi industry. if see the thick electric cables thick...
  6. MrKlinky

'Burn-in'

...Hi All. Excepting electromechanical systems (loudspeaker drivers; perhaps phono cartridges) only the ear/brain combination is subject to 'burn in'. ie. we simply become accustomed to the real or imagined differences (I'm thinking particularly power cables here after reading posts here!)...
  7. T

Prove that cables and burn in doesn’t matter

That’s what I’d like to see measured… Good talk
  8. Martini

Burn-in disc

...Audiogon, so I'm on the site mailing list. Received this one today :rolleyes: (well, at least the price isn't exorbitant): THE ROLE OF A BURN IN DISC Created by Matthew Bond, Cascade Noise is used to burn-in audio electronics, audio cables and loudspeakers. What makes Cascade Noise...
  9. Shadrach

ASR burning the wrong witches?

https://www.biline.ca/audio_critic/critic1.htm “What is the number one determinant of sound quality in an audio system? The recording you are playing, without the slightest doubt. The recording microphones, acoustical conditions, and engineering decisions at the recording site introduce much...
  10. B

Help burning CDs with Windows media player

I have used Media player for years and it works great for what I use it for, ripping parts of my CD collection, but recently found in my folder called "MUSIC FILES" that almost all albums are saved AS an album, but several I did recently were saved as individual WAV files of EACH track. What is...
  11. S

Auralic Aries G1 - burned USB DAC ports

Hi guys, I have a great problem regarding my both Auralic Aries G1: the USB DAC ports from my G1s are burned. Most of the time I used SPDIF connection from my G1 to my Burmester 061 DAC. After I changed to a RME ADI-2 DAC FS (living room) the USB connection between the G1 and ADI got lost...
  12. A

Help with Burned Nad C298 Amplifier

Let me tell you the mistake I made. buy a nad c298 amplifier, which comes with purifi modules. I used it for half an hour and it worked perfectly. then plug it into an amp selector next to other amps I have based on coolgan for comparison. It was the worst mistake I could have made. my...
  13. mhardy6647

so, I am being catty -- but... DAC burn-in(?!)

...website) kind of caught my eye. (SEE screenshot below from the product website) I mean, what happens if the owner gets busy and lets it burn in for eight days? :oops: On the other hand, it is encouraging to see that the balanced output of this DAC isn't just superior -- it's more...
  14. pads

Burning in

I've never understood this, I get some things needing to warm up to sound their best, tube amps for instance, but wire? Why would interconnects or speaker wire need 100 hours to sound their best? Is this, as I wholly expect, nonsense? It reminds me of direction arrows on interconnects as if the...
  15. G

Burn-in testing - real or imaginary?

Has there been any testing here to confirm if it takes 100s of hours of burn-in before an audio component "sounds" its best? I'm a bit skeptical, especially for solid-state devices, but prove me wrong with data.
  16. S

Headphone amp smells like burning plastic with random rely clicks

My Stax amp was just set up today. I noticed it smells a bit like burning plastic when smelling really close up, like nose on the metal close. It sounds all right but I do get some rely activation clicks, maybe like five times per hour, totally random. The weird thing is it clicks even when...
  17. DonH56

Yamaha Endorses Headphone Burn-in

...inbox this morning. I know a bit about electronic component and speaker burn-in but nothing about headphones. Why would it take 40 hours to burn in a set of earbuds or headphones? I would think it would be much less than speakers, or certainly not more than, and despite the hype with rare...
  18. E

Is speaker burn-in real?

Is speaker burn-in actual a real thing? If so, what is the perceived difference?
  19. D

Speaker Wire 'Burn in'

...marketing and complete BS to sell more products. The topic i have always wondered, has Amir ever performed tests to check if speaker wire 'burn in' is a real thing or not? I think its BS that a piece of copper would change its properties when sending an audio signal down it. However, i am...
Top Bottom