Search results for query: MQA

1. Steve H

MQA Update

Time for an update. Lenbrook bought the MQA IP for $75k, The SCL6 IP for $25k and equipment for $25k. From the Administrator’s Progress Report with Pounds converted to dollars. Block Inc has put a hard cap on employees at 12,000 in their latest earnings letter. They currently have about 13,000...
  2. M

My mysterious MQA misery

So Tidal offers Low, High, and "Max" quality now ("Max" instead of HiFi I think...) Sometimes "Max" ends up being stored and sent by Tidal as MQA, and sometimes, FLAC (usually 24/96 FLAC, iirc). None of my DACs support MQA - Topping G5, Topping DX1, RME Babyface Pro, Arcam rDac. I thought my...
  3. S

Still "MQA"

Why is that the recently released DAC's still carry the " Futile, Pointless Bag - MQA " For example : https://shenzhenaudio.com/collections/dac/products/s-m-s-l-su9-ultra-ak4191-ak4499ex-digital-to-analog-convertor-dac?_pos=3&_fid=f56cc206a&_ss=c
  4. G

Is MQA just on tidal……it seems not.

I thought only Tidal has MQA. I only have Qobuz, so imagine my surprise when I saw the MQA indicator on my DAC lit. I was playing this album Dominique Fils-Aime. Stay Tuned http://open.qobuz.com/album/ynexny78by8uc This album is marked as ’Hi Res: 24bit. 44.1 khz’. When I play it My WiiM...
  5. Mulder

Lenbrooke acquires MQA

...Corp., a diversified, privately-owned Canadian enterprise with activities in brand development, technology, and distribution in both residential and commercial audio and the communication sectors, has acquired the assets of MQA, a UK-based industry leader in high-resolution audio encoding.”
  6. Graham849

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

Why "Supports MQA decoding and MQA-CD’ ! Non MQA compliance is why I like original.
  7. M

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

Why you consider MQA which is loosy format better than FLAC files? I personally find kind of a nightmare MQA authentication system with DACs compatibility and the degree of detail is fewer than FLAC. As far as I know Tidal is going to gradually replace MQA by FLAC hi-res files because of...
  8. srkbear

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

I think it’s awfully interesting how Topping, SMSL et al have been eschewing MQA of late. The cynic in me wonders how beholden to Tidal these DAC manufacturers are—is it a coincidence that now that Tidal has gone FLAC MQA is going by the wayside as well, or is it just because MQA went belly up?
  9. R

Disappointed with Shanling CD80

MQA is output by every CD player or digital CD transport via the digital interface. It only requires a DAC that can process MQA via this digital interface. There is no processing in MQA that can happen before the digital interface. So you can really use any CD player with a digital interface...
  10. Dunring

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

When one manufacturer offered MQA then they all piled on. I hope this is a start of the equalizer competition for DACs instead of paying extra for MQA licenses which don't do anything. Let the DAC parametric EQ arms race begin!
  11. GeorgeWalk

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

Maybe that means "F-no MQA". My Chinese is very rusty.
  12. O

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

Qobuz sounds better on my systems. Tidal will be better than Qobuz for MQA songs format. MQA is the best of all.
  13. S

Tidal reportedly enabling bit-perfect playback to USB DAC on Android

I have 2 dac's Topping ex5 and Smsl dl200.. in bout is same (bout are MQA).. Upsampling to 96 :) I can tray at work tomorrow with Topping DX3pro+ If I not forget to take Amazon tablet ;p
  14. Y

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

https://www.tpdz.net/productinfo/1141825.html MQA full decoder
  15. T

Qobuz or Tidal?

Yes, there are still plenty of MQA tracks. Tidal has created two tiers: HIGH, that means CD resolution, and MAX. Inside MAX, there are again two tiers: FLAC where there are all tracks that are 24 bits, and MQA, where we have the remaining MQA tracks.
  16. Sal1950

Qobuz or Tidal?

MQA's last gasp. LOL
  17. S

I'm in communication with Tidal ... also on (Amazon HD 10 - OTG USB - DAC) Topping DX3 pro+ without MQA is same :( Tidal on Amazon HD 10 - 11 gen is 2.96.0.1144.146 ... I'm on Tidal Hi-FI.
  18. S

I hope that TIDAL did not deceive me, and that they disabled the use of MQA DAC in their application, sending audio data directly to the Android audio path. That is, when MQA-DAC is detected, Tidal deliberately ignores it and uses the Android audio path. Why TIDAL thinks I should pay another...
  19. S

Do you have a NON-MQA DAC? It works with MQA DAC? If you have the opportunity to check with NON-MQA and a MQA DAC - I will be very grateful for your answer!
  20. S

New S.M.S.L. M300 SE 120$

I just got a new M300SE and it has issue when playing MQA file on Windows. It is flipping between MQA and non-MQA mode when playing a MQA file. As a result, the sound output is on and off. It happens for all the players I use (Tidal native program, foobar, Audivana). I tried ASIO, WASAPI...
Top Bottom