Search results

1. A

JBL HDI-4500 Center Channel Speaker Review

Horizontal dispersion looks horrible. Is is this bad with other 2 way center speakers?
  2. A

Kef R3 Bookshelf Speaker Review (Erin's Audio Corner)

This is because kef wants to get lower bass even if it sacrifices bass amount. They can tune the port higher for more flat response, but it would roll off sooner
  3. A

Polk Atrium 4 Review (Outdoor Speaker)

Mainly because they have no ports due to weather sealing, and them having to be small doesn't help.
  4. A

KRK ROKIT 5 Gen 4 Review (Studio Monitor)

I understand, then can you if possible show the most prominent 2nd and 3rd order distortions?
  5. A

KRK ROKIT 5 Gen 4 Review (Studio Monitor)

That would be nice, but i think individual distortion orders should still be shown, as diffrent order distortions have diffrent audibility
  6. A

Is there any benefit from woofers exceeding 5 inches, if matched with sub?

Depends on your usage. if you are pushing thx reference 105db peaks, a 5 in woofer isn't going to handle it even above 80hz.
  7. A

Adam T5V Review (Studio Monitor)

nearfield close-mic graph maybe?
  8. A

Kali LP-6 Review: Studio Monitor

Use a subwoofer, It seems resonances are much harder to control than chuffing, especially in ports that are not round shape.
  9. A

Infinity Reference 253 Review (speaker)

On the brighter side, amir seems to have fixed the klippel isaue with multiple bass drivers and multiple ports.
  10. A

Should I eq my Revel F36 based on spinorama and in room response?

i would be cautious against eqing high frequencies based on reflections and sound power, when direct sound is fine. The ear works as a directional filter, and reacts to sound coming from diffrent directions diffrently especially at high frequencies. Therefore, you may be messing with the...
  11. A

Dali hybrid tweeter (dome + ribbon)

"Gently rolled in above 10 kHz, the ribbon reaches full contribution from 14 kHz to well beyond 30 kHz, far above the audible range." From Dali option whitepaper - https://www.dali-speakers.com/media/1669/opticon-whitepaper.pdf Looks like more of a marketing decision to me.
  12. A

Klipsch Heresy IV Speaker Review

Claimed 99db, actual 94db sensitivity Overrating sensitivity by 6db as always, Klipsch does not disappoint
  13. A

Klipsch Heresy IV Speaker Review

Probably corner loading and loads or room gain from an untreated room. A "well placed" mode can boost bass by more than 15db. Also, if the music or the content he listens to only goes down to 30hz, that may also be a reason as the port does produce output at 30hz.
Top Bottom