Search results

1. S

Old system, need budget upgrade advice.

If you don't get the Schiit, I still don't think the Bluesound is necessary. For example, if instead of a Node 2i, you added a Topping E30 to the Chromecast, you'd have as high/higher performance for significantly less cash.
  2. S

Old system, need budget upgrade advice.

Chromecast Audio plugged into the Schiit Modi 3 with a digital cable would sound as good through your gear as the Node 2i plugged into the Schiit. I'd vote to stick with your Chromecast Audio, add the gifted Schiit when available and do something else with the upgrade funds. (you'll need a Mini...
  3. S

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Yes, RCA and XLR outputs concurrently active. And no Bluetooth transmission, it just receives BT.
  4. S

WTB: Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed Back

I don't have a pair for you, but this might help the search: They come in open back and closed back variations - do you know which you'd like? Also, I read that besides the black vs red cosmetic, the performance difference between the two is because the Noire come with the DCA perforated pads...
  5. S

Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 (Closed Version) - SOLD

Added pictures and lowered asking price.
  6. S

Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 (Closed Version) - SOLD

Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Closed Headphones Condition is very good. Box, zippered travel case, certificate of authenticity, original receipt, tune kit (3 x setts of foam inserts), factory cable and aftermarket cable Periapt aftermarket cable included. Looks similar length as factory cable (+/- a...
  7. S

Topping D90 vs SMSL SU-9 vs SMSL M500v2 vs Schiit Modius

Yes, SMSL SU-9 dac has a preamplifier mode. With this mode on, volume is variable and can be controlled via the knob or the remote. With Pre Mode off, volume is fixed...SMSL SU-9 Manual
  8. S

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Denon AVR-X3600h (factory refurbished w/1 year Denon warranty) for $650 : Accessories4less Denon AVR
  9. S

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Tidal HiFi 1 Year Subscription at through Best Buy Best Buy are selling a year subscription to Tidal HiFi (HiFi is the highest level, higher than Tidal "Premium") Tidal HiFi subscription normally costs $20/month. Best Buy have it for $119 for the year,...and today I see there's a further $30...
  10. S

Revel M105 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Blu-Tak could be enough to hold the speaker? After it sets for awhile, the grip becomes quite strong. What about the pre-drilled holes (3) on the bottom of the M105, can be of use? I'd experiment with protecting the speaker finish where the brackets will touch the lower sides - thinking a...
  11. S

WTB: Hypex NC252MP amplifier module

For sale on AVS Forum (no connection to seller or the sale, just drawing attention to it if haven't seen...)
  12. S

Is there an app that makes an iOS device act as an airplay receiver?

No, unfortunately the iPhone/iPad does not charge while using the cable.
  13. S

AirPlay 2 bridge?

Big difference between Airplay 1 and 2 is the facility to bundle multiple devices into multi-room sound. With Airplay, you can pick which device you want the music to play from Vs. You don't have to pick just the one room with Airplay 2 devices.
  14. S

Revel M105 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Yes, the Revel M105 comes with port bungs...
  15. S

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

My A90 runs cool. Does a forehead thermometer work to take the surface temp of an object? With such an infrared thermometer I'm getting a 81.7 degree F temp from the top of the A90
  16. S

Is there an app that makes an iOS device act as an airplay receiver?

First on the cable,...there are now Lighting to USB (various tips) cables that work with an iPhone/iPad and are a cleaner and cheaper alternative to using an Apple camera adapter. For example, I have a cable that goes from my iPhone to a Chord Mojo and another that goes from an iPad to a USB...
  17. S

Ultimate 1ET400A Purifi Amplifier sonic shootout - €820 to €8,344

Do you know what that little switch does on the bottom of the amp? Looks like a switch with "2--1--0" ?
  18. S

Topping E30 DAC Review

Yes, you can control the volume from the PC. Or, you can also control volume with the E30 remote. The only output on the E30 are the RCA analogue outputs. You must connect a Right and Left RCA cable to the E30 output, but there are options for the other end of said cables. The other end...
  19. S

Topping E30 DAC Review

Ordinary RCA interconnects go from the E30 output to your Atom amp. Any length you need, but I think as short as can get away with usually best. I don't know about the pop sound (I haven't noticed it)
Top Bottom