Search results

1. M

SOLD Black Lumin U1 Mini - New in Box, Never Opened

Brand new, in unopened box directly from Lumin US distributor. I bought this and while it was in transit, decided to consolidate my systems. As such, I no longer have use for it. Since it has not been opened the pictures below are stock and not from the actual unit being shipped. Before...
  2. M

FS - Matrix Audio Element M - 7 mo old, like new

Up for sale is my gently (and infrequently) used M/A Element M. It has been well cared for and used in a non-smoking, child free home. It has no visible scratches and works flawlessly in my setup. It has been updated to the most recent firmware. Through a recent purchase, I now have 5 streamers...
  3. M

SOLD - Pair of VTV Ncore1200 Monoblock Amps - Excellent Condition

Up for sale is a pair of VTV Ncore 1200 monoblocks. The amps are less than 9 months old, have been well cared for and used in a non-smoking, no children home. I am the original owner, using them to drive my Revel Salon2s with plenty of power to spare. The only reason for selling is I have sold...
  4. M

Digital Cable Question

I need to find a digital source to feed the Dutch 8C speakers. Until i have a slicker way, i am just going to use the coax spdif output from my streamer. Unfortunately the streamer are standard rca coax connectors while the Dutch need AES. I have found some 110ohm cables that i think will work...
  5. M

Am I making a mistake?

Selling my salon2's and going active with D&D 8c? Add in the fact this would be a blind exchange since I have never heard the 8c's. About 80-20 music to home theater ratio of listening. The room is ~12x18ft If you have had a bad day or are angry with your spouse, feel free to unleash on me...
  6. M

Revel Ultima Salon 2 Like New - 9-months old SALE PENDING

With much trepidation, I am putting my 9-month-old pair of like-new Mahogany Revel Salon2 speakers up for sale. Anyone looking at this ad likely knows of their best-in-class build, measurements and sound so I will not spend any effort here expounding on their virtues. They have been well cared...
  7. M

Dutch 8C owners - What do you feed them?

Am seriously considering picking up a pair of 8s' as it looks as if a numbefr of distributors are soon to be receiving an allotment. All of my listening is via ripped FLAC (Red book CD & some higher sampling rate selections) and SACD dsd files If i feed the 8C's an already converted analog...
  8. M

Vera Audio

I have been on the search for a hi-powered purifi amplifier ever since the original modules were released. As they have been adopted more and by some larger, mainstream manufacturers, i had been hoping one would find a way to bridge and bring the purifi accuracy combined with higher power...
  9. M

Help with subwoofer decision

My setup is a 15x20 room where 10x15 is usable. it was originally set up to be music only but have been adding HT (and also multichannel music) capability over the past year. The first thing i did for HT was to buy a Rythmik ported fvx15. i had no intentions at the time to add another. Fast...
  10. M

Worth the risk?

I have a pair of mono nc1200 that drive my salon2's. Nothing wrong with them, i like the pairing a lot. I have been wanting to upgrade though to the purifi amps but 1) it would be a step down in power (I prefer more, not less) and 2) i am not sure the upgrade will be noticeable. So, i have been...
  11. M

SOLD - Schiit Freya S Preamp

Got the last one off the assembly line before Schiit closed it down. 3 months old. Works as new. Cosmetic condition is very good as it has a scuff mark on the top rear which is why it is not rated "as new". Am only selling because i bought a AV pre/pro which makes the Freya dispensable. Price...
  12. M

HT / Stereo Hybrid Setup Optimization Help

I am trying to find a way to integrate a new h/t into an "established" stereo setup. Specifically, how to use my stereo 2-channel amp, speakers and sub with a h/t receiver without having to change the connections every time i want to switch from one to the other. Should be reasonably easy...
  13. M

Hmmmmmmmmm

Well, not actually hmmmmmm rather hummmmmmmm That is what i am getting from my speakers and i need some help trying to fix. Here is the scenario. I have my audio equipment in a rack (schitt preamp, class d mono blocks, matrix-m streamer). About 4 feet away, i have my tv on the wall underneath...
  14. M

Dipole speakers

I am trying to finalize my home theater setup. With my sub to be delivered tomorrow all i need is to finalize the decision on which rear surround speakers to get. Because of my room limitations, they have to be less than 11.5" in height (wall mounted, no in-wall). Additionally, they must be...
  15. M

Need NC1200 owners input

Not trying to recreate another VTV build quality bashing thread but i noticed something after forgetting to turn off my amps after using them. I went back the next day and noticed they were hot to the touch (114 F) after being powered on for ~12 hours. Normally i turn them off after use so i...
  16. M

Balanced vs SE output help

I am currently using my preamp's (schiit freya s) balanced outputs connected directly to my amp's only (balanced) inputs . I want to insert an equalizer in between the pre and the amp but the equalizer only has SE input/outputs. The simplest way i can do this is to use the Schiits SE outputs to...
  17. M

Chord Qutest DAC - Mint

Lightly used and very well taken care of. Comes from a no kids, no smoking household. The unit is in pristine condition and works as new. The only reason for selling is because i have purchased a streamer that has an internal dac. Asking price includes free shipping and insurance to CONUS...
  18. M

Desktop Active Speaker Recommendations

I would like to get some suggestions for a pair of active desktop monitors. I will be using them to play from my NAS stored music collection via my computer (jriver) and/or a matrix element streamer. My chair will be about 3-4 ft away from the speakers and about 2 ft from the wall.. The room...
  19. M

Matrix Audio Element Streamers

I am very interested in one of the element streamers MA's has but, because my entire system is black, i want a black faced unit. Reading some of the threads here, i see i am not alone in my desires. I thought of either taking the cover off, getting it anodized or simply just paint it black. Its...
  20. M

Help - RME ADI-2 experts and preamp suggestions

I currently have a tube preamp that i am looking to replace with s/s. Connected to the existing pre in my system are an oppo 105 (5% use), phono (10% use) and rendu/NAS streaming flac and dsf to a chord qutest dac (85% use). Through some great feedback and ideas posted on this forum, i found...
Top Bottom