Search results

1. A

Are there any low priced (under £1000) power amps that measure good?

I’ve been looking through the stereo amp reviews and it seems a lot of them don’t measure great compared to headphone amps and the ones that do are really expensive.
  2. A

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Are there any reasonably priced power amps like under £1000 that will accept up to 7V to get the full performance out of the RME?
  3. A

Active bookshelf speaker recommendations under £2000.

I think the 8330 would be a better size for my desk. I’m wanting to use my existing DAC DAC as it has some EQ and DSP features that I like. Would it still work well knowing the 8030C will AD/DA internally anyway or would it have a degrade in audio quality because I’m already doing DA with DAC?
  4. A

Active bookshelf speaker recommendations under £2000.

I’m wanting to get a pair of active bookshelf speakers for my desk. They will be paired with the RME ADI-2 FS DAC. I have a budget of under £2000. Due to the pandemic it won’t be possible for me go and try them so it’s going to be pretty much a blind buy. My favourite headphones are the...
  5. A

I have a quick question regarding the pro version. Are the analog inputs only for ADC or can it be used as a preamp to play to some active monitors connected to the XLR output?
  6. A

Impacto wouldn’t work with the camera adapter kit as it kept saying the impacto drawing too much power. I even tried it with the iPhone charger connected to the camera kit at same time.
  7. A

So for the late reply, I ended up falling asleep lol. I’ll give those a try and get back to you. I’ve also noticed that classical music is really quite and its peaking about -35 on a lot of the ones I’ve tried.
  8. A

The one with the lightning port and I usually have it it connected to power.
  9. A

It was connected via both, so DACs USB cable to USB camera kit adapter which connects to the iPhone via lightning.
  10. A

Is there as specific equation you used to work it out? I should really learn more about these things because I do find it really interesting.
  11. A

One song had a peak of -0.6 and another at 0-3. Is the -14 dBr when using high power? So does it sound like it’s working as it should in terms of power?
  12. A

The IPhone doesn’t have a headphone jack but my headphones came with a small DAC thing called the Beyerdynamic impacto which doesn’t have any specs on the power but I did find these online if they’re of any help. Full volume on the impacto is about -16/17 on the RME.
  13. A

I have an IPhone 12 Pro that I can try. I don’t have any other devices. When it switches from low to high power it does stutter but it also happens when the phone automatically locks itself and also randomly during music playback. Is it normal to have to set it to -18dBr for it to be loud enough?
  14. A

I think the DAC. It won’t let me change it as it’s grey.
  15. A

I’m using an iPhone 11 Pro with the camera connection adapter connected to the DAC with the included USB cable. I’m using Qobuz for music and the Netflix app. I’m using the Beyerdynamic Amiron homes headphones connected to the phones output. The volume on the iPhone cannot be adjusted which the...
  16. A

I definitely think there’s an issue with my unit. The music is stuttering randomly and when playing music I have to have it pretty high and when watching films from Netflix and what’s already on my device I can’t get it loud enough at all.
Top Bottom