Search results

1. N

Suggestions on new setup

Thanks, any other suggestions?
  2. N

Suggestions on new setup

so the combo JDS atom dac and amp will cost me around 400 usd since I must import them from UK and I’m in Sweden. Any suggestions on other dac/amp combo or “dac with headphone amp” at same price or below? Must have usb input.
  3. N

Suggestions on new setup

The read some reviews about this dac/amp and it’s probably a really good gadget if your on the go. I don’t think this is what I’m looking for at the moment.
  4. N

Suggestions on new setup

Possible to use eq and stream Spotify?
  5. N

Suggestions on new setup

I sorry, I don’t own the RPi yet. Still in planing stages. Is it good?
  6. N

Suggestions on new setup

After a few more hours of searching the internet I have found that a RPI4 with moOde player will be the best solution since it have a 4 band peq today but with next release they will update it to 12 bands. This together with JDS atom dac and amp would be a great budget set up.
  7. N

Suggestions on new setup

I might have found a solution for controlling with iPhone. By running a raspberry pi with volumio and a peq plugin. Connected to recommended headphone amp I budget class. With this setup I can control volumio from my IPhone, and don’t need to start up a laptop. nut sure about peq plug-in to use...
  8. N

Suggestions on new setup

been googling a few hours but can’t find any peq app that will work on IPhone. But minidsp have two dac amp that suppose to work with iPhone according to this answer from devteam https://www.minidsp.com/forum/dsp-headphone-amp/16670-iphone-via-lightning-to-usb-cable#45831
  9. N

Suggestions on new setup

I guess the above will be hard to solve. But let’s skip the turntable. How to build a simple streaming set up using an IPhone with Spotify, an eq solution (app), dac, headphone amp?
  10. N

Suggestions on new setup

Hi, so I’m wounding how I could solve some planned scenarios. Just started to work in an big sheared office space and need closed back headphones. Been looking at AKG K371 and running them directly from laptop and using eq APO. Streaming with Spotify. So far no issues. When I get home I would...
  11. N

Behringer A800 Stereo Amplifier Review

Okey, thanks for clarification. Then I will just leave them at whatever the spl levels are matching.
  12. N

Anyone notice difference in spl level between the two channels? I have two amp’s and one of them are differing about 3 dB when gain knobs are set the same. I haven’t done a deep troubleshooting yet but with the prior amp (crown) I had no issue.
  13. N

Okey, I also have a MiniDSP between AVR and amp so I will try to play with the output gain from MiniDSP and check if I will get more power. At the moment AVR preout is +2db, MiniDSP preout maxed and A800 3 o’clock
  14. N

I see you have gain at max. What are the level out from receiver for you subs preout?
  15. N

How to adjust gain knobs? Today I have set them at 3a lock and AVR are set at +2db. If I remember, it will get me a combined spl of 75-77db in MLP when running AVR channel level check.
  16. N

I have compared my A800 with a Crown CTs600 (2x300w in 4ohm). They are gain matched and driving one sub per channel. Subs are diy 95 L sealed with scan speak 30w/4558t00. I played Ad Astra today and checked power limits and the A800 was just lighting up 0db on front panel when peaking 114db at...
  17. N

Question, how to translate input sensitivity of The A800 to voltage? For example, my Crown CTs60p are specked 1.4V
  18. N

Today I received the A800. Looking at the size compared to a Crown CTs600 it looks like a toy. But when holding it, it feels well built. Hope I will have time to hook it up tomorrow.
  19. N

Thanks for feedback. I like the idea of going fanless so will try the A800. I have a Crown CTs600, but the fans cooling I so irritated. And since it run 24V fans (2 pcs) it’s not just to switch with PC fans.
Top Bottom